Job Title: Technology Lead
Business Unit: Digital Engineering
Salary: Up to £62,400 DOE
Location: UK, Flexible
Contract Type: Permanent
At Virgin Money, the freedom to be your true self means everything to us. It’s about bringing as much of yourself to work as you want and encouraging others to do the same. We all want to be ourselves, whoever that is, wherever that is. That sense of belonging is so important to us, we’ve made it a core part of our strategy. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers.
What do YOU get when you join Virgin Money… Red Hot Rewards of course!
38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
Five extra paid well-being days per year
A 35 hour working week
20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
Market leading Pension
Private Medical Insurance
Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
A digital-first colleague experience
Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
All these benefits are available to colleagues from their first day.
Have we got your attention? Let’s tell you a wee bit more about Digital Engineering and the job!
We want to share with you our amazing journey within the Digital Data space (… it’s really out of this world) We’re working hard to transform the way we work, by becoming more agile and to be best placed to provide first class services to our customers. The need to make the customer's data at the heart of everything we do has never been greater and it’s up to us to make that happen when it comes to Banking with us.
We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can, not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
We’ve got an amazing opportunity for a Technology Lead, to join our Customer Data Chapter. In this exciting role, you’ll work alongside our tribes/squads to deliver data driven applications. You’ll work collaboratively with our teams to review our manual activities and help us move us to a CI/CD delivery approach. You’ll also help to develop and apply new processes to meet stakeholder needs on new and existing applications. All of this while making sure that the highest quality Customer data is at the heart of everything we do.
Day to day you’ll be…
• Using your understanding of Customer Data Management (or Master Data Management) and your experience in continuous integration and delivery to help us delight our colleagues and customers.
• Working with other team members and competency chapter leads to understand the CIO & tribe priorities.
• Working as a team you will contribute to the best solution and help prioritise the backlog for the tribe which will demonstrate the most relevance for our colleagues and customers.
• You will help in identifying technical impediments, working directly to resolve. You will work with tribe members to support and educate on quality first principles, whilst facilitating CI/CD.
To be brilliant you’ll need to bring…
• Knowledge of Customer Data Management or Master Data Management solutions, with a proven track record of success in a similar role
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles or working practice
• Extensive Knowledge of SQL,
• An understanding of Devops and the importance of protecting a vital production service while delivering quality change
• Experience of an ETL tool and / or Java
• A desire and aptitude to continually grow your own knowledge and skills, and to help others do the same.
Overall, your attitude and approach are as important as the experience and skills that you will bring.
The Icing on the cake would be…
• Computer Science and/or Engineering degrees (or equivalent practical experience) are preferred while other degree subjects may be considered
• Experience of timely problem solving in a complex environment or practical experience of an IT support role
• A passion for data and a willingness to share
• Highly effective communication skills working with all levels of the organization and third party vendors
• Good understanding of the Financial sector - sound business acumen and judgment
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the to be brilliant you’ll need to bring section above, but the final section is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.