Job Title: Senior Manager, Campaigns & Rewards
Business Unit: Brand
Location: UK Flexible
Basic Salary Highly Competitive DOE
Employment Type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
Senior Retail Banking Marketeer Wanted!
We are up to big things in Virgin Money. We have big ambitions and big plans to achieve them. The Brand department within Virgin Money is leading the charge to disrupt our industry and turn banking on its head. We know that money is a big deal – so much more than a set of products and services. Driven by our purpose we come to work everyday for one reason: to make everyone happier about money. The work will be challenging and the deadlines sometimes tough. But when our purpose is combined with the right people, the impact is powerful. Together we can take on challenges and crush them, we can achieve wild success. And we can have fun doing it.
So what’s missing?
Right now we are searching for a Senior Manager to join our team in Newcastle or Glasgow to lead our new Campaign & Rewards area. As well as appropriate experience across a range of marketing, banking and retail disciplines, and experience in a leadership style role, we also welcome insatiable curiosity and relentless optimism. We seek out the straight talkers, the smart disrupters and the people that ask ‘why not?’. We apply head and heart and expect every member of our team to do the same.
What do we want from you (and what will you get back?)
100% commitment to driving our purpose and living it. We want you to be the one who challenges the status quo and champions the customer. We don’t care where the great ideas come from and we pride ourselves on being totally open to diversity in all its forms. We care about the happiness of our team and we have a thriving well-being committee dedicated to making work better every day. We place a lot of store by our leaders. We expect them to own their role and be passionate about it. To share our vision with their teams and help them be the best they can be. And we expect anyone who works with us to advocate us 24/7 – to friends, to family and on their social channels.
Day to day you will…
- lead a team of senior marketeers, and build brilliant partnerships with our external partners across the Virgin Group, shaping the team, ways of working and personalities to enable your vision for success to be developed and delivered
- contribute to the development of a strategic marketing plan, lead the development of a campaign plan and translate both into operational plans with associated targets and clear & stretching KPIs
- own the design and delivery of the campaign and rewards plans to support the growth objectives of Virgin Money, collaborating with colleagues and senior leaders from across Virgin Money to effectively design and deliver the effective propositions and campaigns that will achieve the required KPIs
- drive towards an ambitious customer experience, embedding the brand promise and company purpose into every campaign, customer interaction and proposition
- command and control the delivery, co-ordination and prioritisation of campaigns (marketing, PR, social & brand), taking ownership of all communication channels
- lead the strategic relationship with Virgin Red, whilst developing relationships with marketing contacts at other Virgin Group and appropriate 3rd party companies
- develop a compelling Rewards based vision, proposition and campaign programme in collaboration with Commercial and Customer Experience areas of Virgin Money
- analyse the effectiveness of campaigns against KPIs
- ensure that all marketing campaigns are delivered in a manner compliant with FCA, Data Protection, ASA, GDPR and other relevant regulations
- lead colleague development opportunities across Brand, ensuring that the development is identified and prioritised across Brand sub-teams. Identifying opportunities
- act as the effective number 2 for the Head of Customer Marketing & Loyalty
To be brilliant you will bring…
- significant commercial marketing experience, being commercially astute with a proven track record to set and achieve stretching KPIs
- an appropriate qualification a degree and/or post–graduate qualification with extensive experience across a range of marketing disciplines
- significant experience in utilising consumer insight to develop and deliver effective marketing strategies
- significant experience in developing and delivering compelling marketing propositions and campaigns, with clear and stretching benefits
- experience of building and developing compelling customer reward and loyalty programmes and/or experience or working with high profile international brands like Virgin
- ability to make effective decisions in a timely manner
- extensive experience in managing strategic and annual planning cycles – ideally but not necessarily within other FS companies
- significant experience integrating campaign activity across traditional and digital channels
- significant experience influencing at Senior and Executive levels, both internally and with 3rd parties
- possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build productive business relationships
- experience of working with ambiguity, uncertainty and complex programmes of work
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to story tell and present confidently the executive leadership team for Virgin Money
- ability to lead and inspire manage a team of senior marketeers and to foster development in direct and indirect reports
RED HOT Rewards
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.