Job title: Senior Manager Media
Business Unit: Brand
Location: UK Flexible
Basic Salary – Highly Competitive DOE
Employment Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
Senior Retail Banking Marketeer Wanted!
We are up to big things in Virgin Money. We have big ambitions and big plans to achieve them. The Brand department within Virgin Money is leading the charge to disrupt our industry and turn banking on its head. We know that money is a big deal – so much more than a set of products and services. Driven by our purpose we come to work everyday for one reason: to make everyone happier about money. The work will be challenging and the deadlines sometimes tough. But when our purpose is combined with the right people, the impact is powerful. Together we can take on challenges and crush them, we can achieve wild success. And we can have fun doing it.
So what’s missing?
Right now we are searching for a Senior Manager to join our team in Newcastle or Glasgow to lead our internal media team. As well as appropriate experience across a range of marketing, banking and retail disciplines, and experience in a leadership style role, we also welcome insatiable curiosity and relentless optimism. We seek out the straight talkers, the smart disrupters and the people that ask ‘why not?’. We apply head and heart and expect every member of our team to do the same.
What do we want from you (and what will you get back?)
100% commitment to driving our purpose and living it. We want you to be the one who challenges the status quo and champions the customer. We don’t care where the great ideas come from and we pride ourselves on being totally open to diversity in all its forms. We care about the happiness of our team and we have a thriving well-being committee dedicated to making work better every day. We place a lot of store by our leaders. We expect them to own their role and be passionate about it. To share our vision with their teams and help them be the best they can be. And we expect anyone who works with us to advocate us 24/7 – to friends, to family and on their social channels.
Day to day you will…
- lead a small internal media team to deal with digital and traditional media performance, and building brilliant partnerships with our external media and SEO agencies, shaping the team, ways of working and personalities to enable your vision for success to be developed and delivered
- develop a media plan in response to the strategic and operational marketing plans with associated targets and clear & stretching KPIs, gaining agreement from appropriate senior leaders to the delivery of that plan to meet their objectives
- collaborate with senior leaders across the organisation to ensure appropriate budgets are in place, resource available and propositions delivered
- own the delivery of the media and digital marketing budget, which represents a significant proportion of the overall Brand budget, whilst also being augmented by additional funding lines for aggregators
- lead the strategic relationship with the managing director of the key media agency, whilst selecting media agency partners and best practice in media activity
- deliver media briefs, optimise media effectiveness, and own the attribution modelling approach with media agencies
- control the co-ordination and prioritisation of all paid media activity
- ensure that all media channels are used in a manner compliant with FCA, Data Protection, ASA, GDPR and other relevant regulations, as well as individual Privacy requirements from key channel partners such as Facebook
To be brilliant you will bring…
- significant commercial marketing experience, being commercially astute with a proven track record to set and achieve stretching KPIs
- an appropriate qualification a degree and/or post–graduate qualification with extensive experience across a range of marketing disciplines
- significant experience of media planning and delivering always on digital marketing activity e.g. aggregators, PPC, paid social, display
- a comprehensive understanding of the impact of market dynamics and competitive forces on marketing performance and knowledge of the actions required to drive success
- significant experience integrating campaign activity across traditional and digital marketing channels
- an understanding of Financial Services and/or other service based industries
- significant experience influencing at Senior and Executive levels, both internally and with third-party suppliers
- experience of working with ambiguity, uncertainty and complex programmes of work within a change environment
- ability to lead and inspire manage a team of senior marketeers and to foster development in direct and indirect reports
- excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build productive business relationships
RED HOT Rewards
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.