Business Unit: Group Risk
Salary: £51,500 - circa £75,000 depending on experience
Location: UK based
Contract Type: Permanent
It’s an exciting time to be joining Risk as we’re growing, and transforming our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo. What this means is ensuring we have the right skills, capability and capacity within Risk to manage the growth and digital ambitions expected of a Tier 1 bank and we’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward!
It’s never been more important for Virgin Money to drive forward safely with our digital strategy and make best use of our data to improve products and services. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager to join the 2nd line providing risk oversight of Digital and Data Risk.
We require a highly motivated, innovative and talented Manager who is looking for a role that provides plenty of variety and challenge. You’ll be responsible for monitoring, evaluating and challenging the ability of 1st line management to identify, manage and report risks associated with digital strategy and data management in line with both internal standards and regulatory requirements, and work with them to embed an effective risk culture, including providing relevant training and education as necessary. You will lead Risk Management SME input and advice on digital and data related risks across the Bank by building effective relationships with key stakeholders in the Digital Solutions and Data Solutions teams in 1st line as well as other areas of the Bank and external bodies as necessary.
Day to day you’ll:
• Support business management in embedding a risk culture and risk management practices that are customer focused and help to deliver our vision for making you happier about money.
• Monitor, evaluate and challenge business stakeholder’s success in identifying, managing and reporting digital and data related risks in line with both internal standards and regulatory requirements and work with them to embed an effective risk culture, including providing relevant training and education as necessary.
• Be a respected authority on the risks associated with being a digital bank, and data management (including Big Data and use of AI) to influence and guide Risk Leadership Team, Executive Leadership Team and Leadership Team on any weaknesses in the control environment and areas requiring additional investment or focus.
• Lead Risk Management SME input and advice on digital and data risk for new initiatives and change programmes across the Bank.
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the digital and data solutions teams in 1st line as well as other areas of the Bank and external bodies as necessary.
• Provide oversight and at times support the Risk Assurance team in Risk to deliver SME reviews and thematic deep dives, using the agreed methodology.
• Oversee the maintenance and development of best practice digital and data risk management procedures to ensure effective risk oversight.
• Monitor the performance of digital and data management controls across the Bank and provide early warning of risk adverse risk trends and emerging risks. Produce consistent and accurate reports for senior leaders and the Executive.
• Support the Senior Manager, Digital, Technology and Security Risk in external reporting to the LT and Regulators.
• Advise and oversee the implementation of Digital and Data related RAS metrics and provide ongoing oversight of thresholds and limits highlighting any areas of concern.
• Support the completion of stress and scenario testing as related to digital and data risk topics.
The role sits in the Risk area that also oversees Operational Risk, Cyber Risk, Payment & Resilience Risk, Change Risk and People Risk. You'll work closely with other areas that own component parts of Operational Resilience Risk (people risk, 3rd party risk, technology risk) and with the business owners of frameworks.
There are a few essentials you need to bring:
• Technology risk experience, and an understanding of digital platforms and data management risks are an advantage
• Understanding of risk management processes and practices and the 3 lines of defence model
• Experience in producing high quality reports for a variety of stakeholders, ensuring key messages are presented clearly and appropriately for the audience
• Gravitas and an engaging approach with strong communication skills
• Stakeholder management experience
• Understanding of project management
• Experience of working as part of a team, and at times leading a team, and an ability to work with teams across different locations.
It's a bonus if you have:
• A relevant degree or professional qualification
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.