Job Title: B Banking Adviser (VM Banking Adviser)
Business Unit: Group Personal
Basic Salary: £17,290 - £21,134 DOE
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time 35 hours
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
Virgin Money is a revolutionary new way of banking, wrapped up in a super smart app. With the ability to automatically tag spending, let customers set budgets and track their progress, save for multiple goals and even see into their future with Projections, this is no ordinary app. And the Brand around it is full of colour, energy and most importantly life, with a very human voice.
If you're hungry for a new challenge, then we have the role for you! We`re looking for people with bags of energy and have a real desire to deliver magic moments for our customers, and the good news is you don’t need to be a maths whizz or be a banking guru! Our customers love the personalised and special service they receive from us, and when they call into our team you`ll be responsible for making sure that customer experience exceeds all expectations each and every time!
In return, we'll train, encourage and reward you, helping you every step of the way to make memorable customer experiences and advance your career.
Your role will be to provide excellent customer support for VM. From assisting with technical support issues on the app to completing requests, you could be also be helping a customer with a banking transaction, promoting products or answering a tricky question.
Here’s what you’ll be doing …
- Looking for the little things that make a big difference by providing outstanding customer experience.
- You will be straightforward, build trust and act with positive intent. You’ll be the voice of the customer and work with teams across our organisation to improve things on their behalf.
- You’ll be a Virgin Money ambassador. We love going the extra mile for our customers, delightfully surprising them, and enjoy the pride that it brings to make people happier about money.
- You’ll enjoy really getting to know your customers and answering questions in order to provide the Heartfelt Service we are always raving about.
To be brilliant you must have …
- A passion for technology & providing great customer experience. Can’t see your phone screensaver for apps? Like service that’s simple and friendly? Us too!
- A drive to put the customer first and being able to tailor your communication style.
- The ability to communicate clearly with customers and colleagues. No jargon here.
- The ability to join and become part of a tight-knit team of people committed to delivering excellence.
- Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to listen, understand and respond professionally
We’d love you to have …
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Polite telephone manner
- Excellent, on the spot, problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly, and focus on solutions.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the ‘To be Brilliant’ section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.