Job Title: Senior Designer (UX/UI)
Business Unit: Brand & Marketing
Location: Newcastle / Glasgow
Basic Salary: £41,000 - £62,000 per annum DOE
Contract Type: Fixed Term 6 months full time 37.5 hours
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional
We are looking for a talented Senior Designer who will bring to life the Virgin brand through a range of digital product launches and initiatives. You’ll be a key part of the team that constantly iterates and refines our digital products and services to deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
You’ll be working in a digital space, crafting apps and web services for our customers, helping ensure they have the best experience possible. If this sounds like you, read on…
Here’s what you’ll be doing…
- You’ll work across our entire digital estate, ensuring a consistent branded customer experience, by thoroughly understanding and implementing our design guidelines and user experience principles.
- You’ll be able to explore multiple design directions in a rapid, iterative manner, and be able to incorporate feedback from the digital and brand teams.
- You’ll be comfortable generating basic wireframes and hand-drawn scamps, and turning them into production-ready designs complete with assets and annotations.
- You’ll support the wider design and experience team as they explore new design concepts and patterns.
- You’ll work closely with the development and test teams to ensure your work is correctly implemented and brought to life in the way you designed it to be.
- You’ll be expert at framing design challenges, problems and opportunities.
- You’ll be highly efficient at articulating behaviours, pain points, anxieties and writing scenarios.
- You’ll be able to prioritise and sequence design activities and help provide ‘big picture’ thinking on key strategic initiatives.
- You’ll work with a variety of digital tools and methods in order to produce digital artefacts like screen designs or interactive prototypes.
- You’ll work within processes established by Design Leadership.
To be brilliant you must have …
- An advanced knowledge of standard software packages like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- An understanding of multiple design disciplines spanning research, experience, and interaction design.A good understanding of Information Architecture and be able to logically structure content.
- An expert at designing for mobile and desktop across screen sizes
- A good understanding of interactive patterns and motion within digital, and proficient at anticipating and preventing errors.
- The ability to work individually or collaboratively within a team when required.
- Great communication skills, being able to present your work clearly and confidently to senior stakeholders and team members alike.
- Well organized and able to adapt to new situations, changing priorities, and ambiguity.
- The ability to influence and challenge internal functions to ensure the experience is not at risk of damaging the user experience or customer needs.
- Substantive experience working within digital design.
It’s a bonus if you have (but not essential)…
- Knowledge of building out design systems.
- Knowledge of designing and building mobile apps on both iOS and Android.
- A curious mind and a learning mindset.
- Experience with Agile development process.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the “To be brilliant you must have” section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.