Business Unit: Group Risk
Salary: £25,500 - circa £35,000
Location: Glasgow, Leeds or Newcastle are ideal but we're flexible
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
And that’s where our Risk department come in. They provide us with a fool proof framework to make decisions that we know will keep our customers’ and investors’ money safe. They are always safeguarding our bank from an array of risks that could pop up at any moment.
As part of the Personal Models team you’ll help to secure the foundations of our business decisions by providing quantitative and qualitative analysis across our model suite, providing solutions support the acquisition of new business, risk based account management and manage the banks capital across it’s Personal portfolios.
Day to day you’ll be responsible for…
• Undertaking statistical modelling and data analysis to support the development of the banks personal models in line with bank standards and compliance requirements
• Undertake model annual reviews, highlighting significant movements or potential issues
• Draft model documentation and recommendation papers
• Manage own workload and prioritise accordingly
• Providing input into the scoping, design, development, validation and implementation of personal models
• Presenting output to key stakeholders both within Personal Models
• Ensuring full compliance with all internal and external governance, legal and regulatory obligations
• Provide support to junior analysts within the team
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
• Some experience of model development
• Experience in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS, MATLAB)
• Analytical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret data, demonstrating a logical approach to problem solving in relation to both business and technical issues
• Good communication and writing skills with an ability to listen, understand and respond professionally
It’s a bonus if you have ….but not essential
• Understanding of model monitoring reports
• Understanding of model usage and credit strategies
• Knowledge of the Basel Capital Requirements Regulation
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.