Job Title: Banking Associate
Business Unit: Customer Experience
Basic Salary from £18,525 perm annum DOE
Location: Gosforth, Newcastle
Contract Type: Permanent Full time (part time considered)
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
Banking shouldn’t boring…
We are looking for a Banking Associate to join our team working in a fast paced environment where no day is ever the same, variety is the spice of life!
There’s a buzz in the department and it’s the sound of us delightfully surprising our customers! We provide a truly memorable experience for all of our customers, supporting them across a range of product types. Making people happier about money involves us building strong relationships, solving problems and generally – just having great conversations.
Don’t worry if you’re not a banking wizard we’ll give you everything you need to deliver a top notch customer service! We don’t work from scripts (no robot’s here) it’s just you and your marvellous personality, along with loads of supportive colleagues of course!
You will be required to a shift rotation between 8am and 8pm Monday-Friday; 8am - 4pm Saturday and 10am – 3pm Sunday
Day to day you’ll…
- Be taking calls and speaking to a variety of customers who are getting in touch for help and support.
Look for the little things that make a big difference by providing outstanding customer experience.
- Will be straightforward, build trust and act with positive intent. You’ll be the voice of the customer and work with teams across our organisation to improve things on their behalf.
- Be a Virgin Money ambassador. We love going the extra mile for our customers, delightfully surprising them, and enjoy the pride that it brings to make people happier about money.
- Enjoy really getting to know your customers and answering questions in order to provide the Heartfelt Service we are always raving about.
To be brilliant you must have…
- Brilliant customer service skills and a strong desire to deliver heartfelt service
- The interpersonal and communication skills to speak to all different types of customers
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to follow processes accurately
- To have an open minded learning style – along with the ability to flex your approach when the need arises
It’s a bonus if you have…but not essential to have a good understanding of digital banking and how this will transform customer experience (you don’t need to be a computer whizz but basic knowledge will help)
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the To be brilliant you must have section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.