Business Unit: Personal Distribution – Sales and Service Hub
hCB Group: A, hCB Role cluster: Banking Adviser
Salary Range: £17,290 - £25,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
The Hub is a fast paced, exciting environment where no two days are the same. There’s a buzz in the department and it’s the sound of us delightfully surprising our customers! We provide a fantastic all round experience for new and existing customers, generally impressing our customers with our expertise. Making people happier about money involves us building strong relationships, solving problems and generally – just having great conversations.
If you're hungry for a new challenge, then we have the role for you! We`re looking for people with bags of energy and have a real desire to deliver magic moments for our customers, and the good news is you don’t need to be a maths whizz or be a banking guru! Our customers love the personalised and special service they receive from us, and when they call into our team you`ll be responsible for making sure that customer experience exceeds all expectations each and every time!
In return, we'll train, encourage and reward you, helping you every step of the way to make memorable customer experiences and advance your career.
This role in a nutshell...
Your role will be to provide excellent customer support for VM. From assisting with technical support issues to helping a customer with a banking transaction, promoting products or answering a tricky question.
The role brings a fair share of challenges – every call, and every customer is different so you’ll need to tailor your approach and adapt your communication style to each one. You’ll need to be insatiably curious, finding solutions is a big part of the role and we need someone to be able to work hard and find the self-motivation to overcome challenges that come their way. You’ll also need to be a quick learner as our aim to be a truly digitalised bank will soon become a reality.
To be brilliant you must have…
- Brilliant customer service skills and a strong desire to deliver heartfelt service
- The interpersonal and communication skills to speak to all different types of customers
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to follow processes accurately
- To have an open minded learning style – along with the ability to flex your approach when the need arises
We’d love you to have …
- Polite telephone manner
- Excellent, on the spot, problem solving skills.
- It’s a bonus if you have a good understanding of digital banking and how this will transform customer experience (you don’t need to be a computer whizz but basic knowledge will help)
RED HOT Rewards
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Option to receive up to a 13% pension contribution
- Six months sick leave and six months half pay
- A digital-first colleague experience
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK
And the great news is, all these benefits are available to colleagues from day one!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com.
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.