Business Unit: Group Risk, Compliance
Salary: £38,882 - circa £48,000
Location: Flexible, UK based
Contract Type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
It’s an exciting time to be joining Risk as we’re growing, and transforming our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo. What this means is ensuring we have the right skills, capability and capacity within Risk to manage the growth and digital ambitions expected of a Tier 1 bank and we’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward!
Within Fraud Risk we have several new roles as we enhance our capability and grow the team to ensure we keep up with the demands of this ever changing landscape, whilst ensuring we keep our customer safe. The rewarding and challenging role of Fraud Manager - Non Plastic is critical to the future success of the Bank's fraud team.
The main purpose of the role is to build, implement and maintain model-based risk management solutions to control the banks' exposure to Fraud across personal and business portfolios.
This role in a nutshell:
• Own non plastic transaction fraud risk management.
• Leading a team to effectively identify suspicious activity using complex behavioural models while minimising interruption to genuine customer payment journeys.
• Develop complex model development and analysis; providing scope, design, development, validation and implementation of fraud risk models, in line with Bank standards and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Undertake analysis to ensure the models and accompanying rules and strategies currently in operation remain robust and fit for purpose.
• Provide first class model documentation, impact analysis and recommendation papers to governance committees.
• Present output to key stakeholders both within and external to Risk.
• Develop and maintain model performance monitoring and regular reviews.
• Gain support for model changes from key stakeholders both within and external to Fraud.
• Participate in and facilitate networks internally and across the wider Bank.
• Supporting external engagement with third party suppliers, industry bodies and law enforcement.
• Deliver the very best performance through your team by keeping our Purpose, Strategic Aims and Values & Behaviours at the heart of all you do.
To be brilliant you must have:
• Expertise in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS) as well as MS Office.
• Significant experience of model development across a range of Retail or Non-Retail financial services portfolios with an understanding of model usage.
• A numerate degree or equivalent technical experience.
• Excellent communication, listening and writing skills.
• The ability to overcome obstacles, be accountable and use your initiative to do the right thing.
• The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy, ensuring you always get the basics right.
• Sound decision making and critical thinking.
• Knowledge of fraud risks, threats and landscape.
• The ability to challenge effectively to get the best outcome.
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.