Business Unit: Risk Management
Salary: £38,882 - £55,000 depending on experience
Location: Flexible, UK based.
Contract Type: Permanent
It’s an exciting time to be joining Risk as we’re growing, and transforming our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo. What this means is ensuring we have the right skills, capability and capacity within Risk to manage the growth and digital ambitions expected of a Tier 1 bank and we’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward!
We have big ambitions to become a Human Digital Bank and our ability to robustly manage Operational resilience risk is key to delivery of our ambitious plans. We currently have an exciting opportunity within our 2nd line Risk Team for an Operational Resilience Risk Manager.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Resilience & Payment Risk, you'll be responsible for providing expert advice on Virgin Money’s approach to managing resilience risk in line with UK regulatory and legal requirements and industry best practice. You'll provide expert oversight, challenge and guidance on the Company’s approach to managing operational resilience risk. The role will cover all aspects of operational resilience risk, you will be responsible for providing insight and opinion on the current risk profile of Virgin Money, and the challenges we may face in the future in light of the fast changing landscape.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels. It covers operational resilience risks across all business areas, but focus will be on working with 1st line Digital & Innovation and the business area that manages the Operational Resilience Framework day to day, during what is set to be a fast-changing environment.
In this role you will:
• Manage relationships at all levels within Risk , Digital & Innovation and all business areas that own critical end to end processes
• Monitor the performance of operational resilience controls across the Bank and provide early warning of adverse risk trends and emerging risks. Produce consistent and accurate reports for senior leaders and the Executive
• Provide oversight of the operational resilience framework and its delivery, as well as Business Resilience policy statement and standards and their application across the bank
• Provide oversight of third-party operational resilience risks (in conjunction with the Senior 3rd Party Risk Manager)
• Undertake related operational resilience thematic reviews assessing the top risks and controls in each area
• Deliver high quality insight and opinion to Risk Management reporting at all levels, including Board Risk Committee.
• Support business management in embedding a risk culture and risk management practices that are customer focused and help to deliver our vision for making you happier about money.
• Monitor, evaluate and challenge business stakeholder’s success in identifying, managing and reporting operational resilience risks in line with both internal standards and regulatory requirements and work with them to embed an effective risk culture, including providing relevant training and education as necessary
• Be a respected authority on operational resilience risks to influence and guide RLT, ELT and LT on any weaknesses in the control environment and areas requiring additional investment or focus in the fast-changing landscape
• Lead Risk Management SME input and advice on operational resilience risk for new initiatives and change programmes across the Bank
• Provide oversight and at times support the Risk Assurance team in Risk to deliver SME reviews and thematic deep dives, using the agreed methodology
• Oversee the maintenance and development of best practice operational resilience risk management procedures to ensure effective risk oversight
• Advise and oversee the implementation of operational resilience related RAS metrics and provide ongoing oversight of thresholds and limits highlighting any areas of concern
• Support the completion of stress and scenario testing as related to operational resilience risk topics
There are a few essentials you need to bring:
• Experience in operational resilience or a related risk management discipline
• Understanding of risk management processes and practices
• Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills
• Experience in producing high quality reports for a variety of stakeholders, ensuring key messages are presented clearly and tailored for the audience
• Experience in working as part of a team, and at times leading a team, and an ability to work with teams in different locations
It's a bonus if you have (but not essential):
• A relevant degree or professional qualification
• Understanding of related operational resilience standards and regulations
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.