Job Title: Feature Team Lead
Business Unit: Operations, Change & Delivery
Salary: In the region of £42,500 per annum
Location: UK, Flexible
Contract type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers and colleagues. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
In Operations Change & Delivery we are proud that we are the team which deliver Operational Change & digital capabilities that enable our customers and colleagues to engage with their finances when and how they want to. We deliver across Operations, CIO leveraging various channels across a range of technologies. Being digital and on the go has never been so important – We love what we do and it’s truly an exciting time to join the team!
We’re looking for someone ambitious who of course loves everything Agile and understands that the theory sometimes needs a level of practicality applied. We are excited to you if you care about innovation, being heartfelt about improving our current ways of working, whilst recognising all the existing good bits and making them even stronger.
We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do! We are looking for Feature Team Lead who will bring together skills spanning Agile Transformation, delivering on our Agile ambitions supporting our Squads to do so.
You will play a key role in supporting our continued transformation journey through Scaled Agile delivery within our squads. Making sure our squads understand the value, practices and mindset of scaled Agile and truly agile ways of working. You will be working within a Change & Delivery environment supporting projects spanning Operations End to End Digitisation, Complaints or HR, whilst facing off to stakeholders both within CIO, Ops as well as wider business/ customer-facing teams.
Reporting to the Scrum Master Chapter Lead, you’ll be responsible for performing the Feature Team Lead role with one squad within a tribe.
In this exciting new role, you won’t have any direct people management responsibilities, but you will need to have leadership qualities as well as excellent communication skills to help coach and advise colleagues on Agile ways of working and Scrum standards.
Day to day you’ll be..
• Be part of an Agile Action Team driving our Agile Transformation Strategy and C&D Ops
• Foster open, honest and collaborative communication within the squad
• Encourage and organise team events to help the team bond and grow
• Facilitate blocker removals to enable the team to progress, build ways of working to compliment non Agile ways of working / teams and shield them from external distractions
• Create coaching plans and be personal coaches for team members and innovators who constantly seek ways to improve both themselves and the team in all aspects of Agile
• Working with the Product Owner to ensure that each sprint delivers the prioritised outcomes in line with the prioritised backlog- Bringing our Blueprint & Target Operating goals to life
• Bring the Product Owner and Team together, helping them to understand each others roles
• Promote continuous improvement opportunities and best practices through activities like retrospectives, analysis and improvement of processes, establishing squad ways of working etc.
• Ensure that all scrum ceremonies take place - facilitating and supporting where necessary.
• You will work with the squad to ensure they are as continuously delivering value
• Maintain and update squad metrics and artefacts to ensure accurate and transparent communications to Product Owner and other stakeholders.
To be brilliant, you’ll need to bring...
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies for example, Scrum, Kanban and Lean.
• A proven ability to teach, coach, lead, facilitate & motivate people across Operations and technology functions
• Proven and practical experience of managing and co-ordinating small, medium and large Agile & Scrum implementation
• Experience with enterprise change management and project management tools: Jira, EPM, MIRO
• Awareness and experience of Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, CI/CD, Pairing, Automated Testing
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with ability to engage effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
• A heartfelt consideration for customer and colleague service at the heart of everything you do
• A love for problem solving with a keen eye for detail
• The drive to continually deliver high quality results focusing on people, the journey and whilst working in a high-pace environment
• Overall, your attitude and approach are as important as the experience and skills that you will bring.
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.