Job Title: Mobile Tech Consultant
Business Unit: Digital Engineering
Salary: Up to £84,000 DOE
Location: UK, Flexible
Contract Type: Permanent
In our quest to make all things Digital Awesome, we never stop looking at how every bit of Digital banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers and our colleagues. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game and their Agile game, every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours? Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about Virgin Money. It’s about thinking what Digital could be, instead of what it is now. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. So, what’s our Digital Engineering Vision? Simply put, we will become a fully digitised bank, by developing a best-in-class digital delivery capability for our colleagues and our customers.
What do YOU get when you join Virgin Money… Red Hot Rewards of course!
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35 hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- A digital-first colleague experience
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
All these benefits are available to colleagues from their first day.
Have we got your attention? Let’s tell you a wee bit more about the job!
Our Front-End Mobile Chapter is responsible for the creation and maintenance of a wide range of Mobile applications & services, both customer facing experiences and internal staff tooling. These cover the full range of customer types within the bank, including retail customers & business clients. Our systems are designed to be accessed via Mobile & Tablet, lets face it, it never been more important to access your banking needs on the go, so come and join our team, and help to make the magic happen!
As a Mobile Tech Consultant you will be…
- Using your extensive in-depth knowledge in your field of expertise, gained over several years in various positions within Mobile teams.
- Imparting your skills and knowledge to colleagues, stakeholders and team members to drive the mobile channel forward.
- Contributing to the Mobile strategy ensuring it aligns with the overall digital channels strategy.
- Creating & controlling best practice processes for mobile development, rolling them out and embedding them within the dev team to ensure high quality code.
- Advising on the latest mobile dev tools and technology to best fit the Business needs
- Overseeing the technical development of the mobile team, advising and devising training plans as needed, and implementing schemes to assist the developers improve their contributions
- Facilitating innovation within the Mobile team to help develop a forward thinking culture .
- Helping to improve, optimise & modernise our tech stack, leveraging your previous experience to avoid potential pitfalls & promote positive patterns!
- Undertaking recruitment for the mobile team ensuring that the developers recruited are both technically proficient and a good fit culturally for the team.
To be brilliant you’ll need to bring...
- A significant and successful proven track record as a Mobile Tech Lead as well as supporting, training and mentoring junior team members
- A proven and successful track record in a Senior Developer role with SME experience programming commercial apps,
- SME development experience of Apps using latest technology in your given field; iOS/Android
- An in depth understanding of the latest tools within your specialist Platform ie. Swift UI
- Extensive platform knowledge of platform specific design patterns and how they differ between mobile platforms
- An in-depth understanding of the nuances and differences between different testing approaches. E.g. TDD BDD and be familiar with automated testing
- In depth experience of communicating with Microservice REST APIs, and a deep understanding of Networking/HTTP protocols.
- Experience using version control tooling & repositories within larger scale operations, and design of a merging strategy e.g. git, GitHub, Bitbucket
- A good understanding of agile work tracking/ticketing software such as Jira, Azure Boards.
- Extensive experience educating & enforcing best practice software development principles
- Previous experience of identifying & mitigating against potential security vulnerabilities, within mobile software development.
- An in depth understanding of Architectural patterns for mobile, including cloud, and how to apply these
The icing on the cake would be…
- Cross-platform development tools e.g Flutter, React-Native
- Experience of utilising testing tools within mobile cloud platform
- Knowledge of Commercial scale cloud platfom tools
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the “to be brilliant you’ll need to bring” section above, but the final section is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references