Job Title: Data Design Manager
Business Unit: Group Brand
Basic Salary: £33,000 - £42,000 DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
Data Design Manager Wanted!
We’re working hard to disrupt the status quo in UK banking and we can’t do this without a team of truly great people behind us. Our Brand & Marketing team is going through a period of significant change as we Rebrand and move towards a brand-new Virgin Money brand. It’s a fast-paced, exciting and creative time to work in a team where there’s plenty of collaboration and engagement with our colleagues and customers. Like all Virgin businesses, we love to challenge the norm, so you’ll need to be comfortable questioning the status quo.
Within the insight and Planning team, we’re looking for smart, ambitious, energetic individuals who want to come with us on this journey.
The successful individual for this role will ideally be a marketing professional with relevant experience in Data Management.
Here’s what you’ll be doing…
- Developing & maintaining the marketing data environment.
- Ensuring the appropriate design standards are applied throughout the marketing data environment and all activities are undertaken in line the Group Data Management Framework
- Identifying critical data items required across the team and ensuring that the applicable documentation is complete capturing data lineage and metadata
- Managing change within the data environment and ensuring this delivered in line with the appropriate change management standard
- Increasing the level of data profiling undertaken in conjunction with the data governance team
- Supporting adoption of collaboration tools across the function such as JIRA / Confluence / GitHub
There are a few essentials you need to bring …
- Experience in using SAS / SPSS / SQL / VB or other database languages as well as big data tools and techniques
- Experience in data design techniques that delivery a robust data environment
- Good understanding of internal and external data sources (e.g. Experian, EDW, RCDC, Cards, AWS, etc)
- Experience in managing an operational data environment used by multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build business relationships with colleagues throughout the bank and externally with agency partners
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the 'There are a few essentials you need to bring' section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
RED HOT Rewards
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.