Business Unit: Financial Control, Finance
Salary: £29,500 - circa £36,000 depending on experience
Location: UK, Flexible
Contract Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
So, what will the Impairment Operations Senior Analyst do?
What won’t you be doing is a better question! The Ops team is the engine that drives the Impairment team, providing a combination of hyper-efficient automated processing and super-insightful analysis to do a better job for our customers across the Group. Our vision in Impairment is to provide the most accurate view of the future from what we know today in a way that people understand. To do this, we have a whole stack of predictive models that combine economic forecasts and our customer portfolios into forward-looking scenarios. We then use these to provide our best view for future expected credit losses.
The Ops Senior Analyst will help design, deliver, run and improve all of our automated process and find ways to get understandable insight out to our team and to our customers. It’s just as much as a job for an extrovert (finding opportunities and convincing people) and for an introvert (focusing on high quality, reusable code) so it’s a role for everyone!
Day to day you’ll be responsible for…
• Supporting management in the maintenance, development and integration of impairment methodology.
• Supporting management in the understanding of broader changes such as regulatory rule changes, new products, data changes and model calibrations on the IFRS 9 process to ensure change is effectively managed.
• Supporting the maintenance of the IFRS 9 Calculator database and controls.
• Assisting in the integration of any future data infrastructure changes to ensure data used in Impairment is fit for purpose.
• Adding insight to the provision calculation process and challenging inputs and assumptions proactively.
• Undertaking quantitative and qualitative impact assessments on a regular basis.
• Ensuring risk controls are fit for purpose.
• Driving improvement in existing processes to enable better outcomes for our customers.
• Continually assessing and identifying processes/code to promote simplification and automation, reducing any operational risk inherent in the current environment.
• Ensuring that any changes to the process/code are clearly documented to a high standard enabling others to understand and execute tasks independently.
• Help maintain an effective version control process, adequate for a high volume of complex change.
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
• Good technical skills in SAS and/or SQL or equivalent.
• A curious nature - we need you to enjoy solving problems.
• Comfortable interpreting complex data and analysis with a keen attention to detail.
• A real passion for working collaboratively as a team.
We'd love it if you had…
• Experience in Banking and Credit Risk, particularly an understanding of risk measures such as PD/LGD/EAD.
• An understanding of IFRS 9.
• Understanding of the Group’s risk policies and methodologies.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you! We are also expecting to have roles at both more junior and more senior roles in the near future so get in touch, even if this isn’t the one for you just now.
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.