Job Title: Pensions Administrator
Business Unit: Human Resources
Location: UK, Flexible
Basic Salary: £19,500- £25,000 DOE
Contract Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Maternity Cover until End December 2022
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
We are looking for an experienced Pensions Administrator who knows their way around DC pension schemes. You’ll be highly motivated, a self-starter, and comfortable working either in a team or on their own in an exciting, fast paced and ever changing environment.
The role is varied and challenging. You’ll fluctuate between administration, customer service and problem solving – to name but a few. On a daily basis you’ll process pension calculations, handle colleague queries and liaise with external parties such as the Pension Scheme Trustees and their advisers. It goes without saying that you’ll handle queries in a positive, caring and sensitive manner that is reflective of our HR Function. A keen eye for detail is a pre-requisite as accuracy is of paramount importance in this role (sure you’ll understand that!).
Here’s what you’ll be doing...
Your role will assist with the smooth running of the Pensions Administration Team on behalf of the Company and the Pension Scheme Trustees.
- An efficient and comprehensive pension’s service to Scheme members, deferred members, and other beneficiaries.
- Monitoring and maintenance of members’ pension fund, including investments, disinvestments and switches of units.
- Calculation and/or checking of figures relating to transfers, retirements, early leavers, death benefits and additional voluntary contributions, including associated paperwork, letter-writing and record keeping.
- Assist in producing consistent, accurate and timely MI to pension scheme trustees.
There are a few essentials you need to bring...
- Experience working within an in-house pension environment.
- Experience of working with trustees.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders.
- Thorough working knowledge of pensions including both technical aspects and administration.
- Demonstrable experience of using Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Flexible approach and the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work using own initiative
- A great attitude, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to produce consistently high volumes of accurate work
As you would expect, we require you to work in a sensitive way understanding the level of confidentiality required for the role. It’s a relatively small team - so being able to share best practice whilst supporting others in their activities would be expected as the norm. Ideally you would have had previous experience of working in an administrative role.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the There are a few essentials you need to bring above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.