Business Unit: Group Customer Experience
Location: UK based - remote working available
Salary: Competitive plus fantastic new benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
Reporting directly to Head of Customer Service, you'll be an integral member of the Customer Services leadership team responsible for leading the transformation of our customer contact to a Digital First model. This is aligned to our strategic objective to deliver 100% digital sales, 100% digital service availability.
You'll be responsible for a key building block of our Digital First strategy, how we service and support customers as a digital bank. This means building a Digital Experience Centre that gives our customers access to the best digital technology to manage their financial lives, as well as access to human experts who can resolve their complex problems.
The core role of our Leaders is to deliver the very best performance through their people by keeping our Purpose, Strategic Aims and Values & Behaviours at the heart of all they do whilst developing their team with stretching goals to build capability and ambition.
The role in a nutshell...
• Define and deliver the transformation of our contact centre model to a Digital Experience Centre across: App features, Chatbot & AI led self-service and Roles, skills & capabilities
• Drive self service and digital contact adoption through the design and implementation of a clear digital adoption strategy
• Lead the adoption of agile change across the customer contact model
• Effectively communicating the vision and strategy of the function and ensuring alignment with the Bank’s purpose and strategy.
• Ensure the operational units are adequately/efficiently resourced and that there is the right blend of capability and experience to deliver the expected level of service, adjusting capacity planning to meet the needs of volumes and our customers.
• Lead the relationship with our outsource partners to ensure they deliver the required service at the right cost and quality as well as defining our future partnering strategy.
• Continually evaluate performance and effectiveness of the function and identify and implement improvements to achieve productivity enhancements through increased business effectiveness whilst delivering for our customers.
• Engender a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring the operations are kept continually under review and that all opportunities for re-engineering and achieving economies of scale are identified and maximised
• Satisfying the growth demands of the business whilst balancing the conflicting requirements of managing the business unit costs and increase in volumes from the front line
• Ensure full compliance with all industry and bank and risk management requirements in respect of policies, process and procedures and governance frameworks
• Ensure the provision of SME expertise for key business projects to support delivery of the wider business agenda.
• Responsible for delivery of the financial plan and the operational budget
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
• Significant experience of the development of chatbots, AI driven self-service with ambition to drive digitisation and transformation across our end to end processes
• Proven capability in leading agile change in a high-performance culture
• Operational leadership experience in leading a large functional area and driving a culture of continuous improvement
• Experienced leader with a proven track record of managing people and performance, setting and achieving stretching targets
• Experienced in managing supplier relationships
• Experienced in Union negotiations
• Extensive knowledge of the Financial Services Industry with a comprehensive understanding of the Groups products and services
• Extensive knowledge of digital technologies including chat platforms, AI/robotics development
• Significant knowledge and understanding of the financial services regulatory environment and landscape
The icing on the cake would be…
• A degree and/or post graduate qualification or of equivalent intellectual ability.
RED HOT Rewards
• 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
• Five extra paid well-being days per year
• 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• Option to receive up to a 13% pension contribution
• Six months sick leave and six months half pay
• A digital-first colleague experience
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com.
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references