Business Unit: Commercial
We’re seeking an engaging, inspiring leader, who is insatiably curious and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Reporting to our Head of Digital Wallet and a member of the Digital Wallet Leadership Team, you’ll ensure that our Purpose and values are inspiring colleagues to bring their A-game to work every single day. You’ll provide stretching goals to build capability and ambition, manage performance and lead with purpose.
Virgin Money is looking to build more impactful brand experiences that lead to improved customer relationships, loyalty, and revenue. In this role, you’ll represent the full suite of Virgin Money’s portfolio to the UK merchant market, it’s pivotal in establishing Virgin Money’s new digital wallet as the market leader by quickly building out a profitable merchant network.
In a nutshell
Whilst leveraging our partnership with Global Payments, you’ll:
• Define final strategy, TOM, and key objectives for Merchant Services in particular where to focus for the growth and the optimum approach.
• Define the sales strategy and target merchant.
• Load the on-book referral team, off-book referral teams and personal develop a strategic network of merchants.
• Lead and inspire our already awesome Merchant Services colleagues – creating a high performing team and sharing our vision.
• Recruit new merchants for merchants/services digital wallet to meet agreed targets in terms of volume, value and size.
• Drive merchant check-out, without Merchant Service, through payment by corporate partners.
• Build out the merchant business model and sales/revenue targets, provide accurate forecasts.
• Establish a merchant on-boarding programme including contracts and terms.
• Define and build the merchant proposition and pricing for different sectors and verticals.
• Articulate the value proposition not only as a payment method but as a shopping and marketing network that can reduce the retailers acquisition cost.
• Developing the strategy and process design for on-boarding merchants, negotiating commercial contracting relationships, creating pricing strategies.
• Quickly identify target merchants and deliver a merchant network and penetration.
• Responsible for the merchant business model and merchant pricing.
• Ensure the merchant proposition is optimised from a solutions, value, and profitability perspective
• Ensure the model increases the lifetime value of merchant and profitability.
• Understanding the total solution and the components that drive value of the deal.
• Lead negotiations that deliver profitable business for both parties.
• Quickly establish a deep and detailed understanding of the new product enabling the possibility to create a solution tailored to merchant challenges and opportunities.
To be successful you’ll need to bring:
• An established network of merchant contacts and relationships.
• A strong professional sales & relationship management track record.
• A natural ability to manage effective client relationships and develop new opportunities (specifically in the merchant space).
• Experienced in digital payments – detailed understanding of the sector and products.
• Good technical experience of digital payment services & open banking.
• An inspiring and engaging manner with a track-record of leading high performing teams with the ability to create and deliver change.
• Proven project management skills.
• Ability to adjust quickly to new demands, assimilate an array of information and shape priorities.
• A sense of urgency, assertiveness, and directness. Ability to think longer-term coupled with fast execution of short-term priorities.
• Proven ability to navigate and thrive in a complex, fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
• Strong Commercial business acumen – pragmatic with the ability to identify opportunities and define solutions.
It’s a bonus if you have (but not essential):
• Experience of growing a business or a function from inception to fruition, developing market share and profitable growth would be great.
Here’s what it means for YOU:
• 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
• Five extra paid well-being days per year
• A 35 hour working week
• 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And, you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.