Business Unit: Change & Delivery, Core Solutions
Salary: £42,000 - circa £59,500 DOE
We’re at our best when we have something to drive us forward, a belief that underlines who we are and what we do. Our Purpose. We want to make people happier about money – and that idea starts with every single one of us here at Virgin Money. Feeling Insatiably Curious about your next adventure? You might have just found it.
What’s in it for you? RED HOT Rewards of course
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35 hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- A digital-first colleague experience
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And the great news is, all these benefits are available to colleagues from day one!
We’ve a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about solutions architecture and design to join our Core Solutions team.
We’re looking for a Technical Designer (Solution Architect) to create high-level end to end designs and take ownership of their realisation throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
Here’s what you’ll be doing…
• Working closely with Business and Technology colleagues to ensure that design options are effectively evaluate and that robust recommendations are made.
• Ongoing governance of project delivery against agreed designs and assessment of the impact of change request on the high-level design.
• Running design forums and workshops with developer, operational and business colleagues. Third party vendors will often be involved as well.
• Distribution of designs for approval and presentation of said designs at formal clinics.
• Peer review of designs produced by colleagues.
• Involvement in the technical communities of interest to support and enhance Virgin Money software development policies and standards.
• Provision of solution design estimates for input to Business Cases.
• Involvement in internal improvement initiatives to develop the overall capability of the Solutions Design competency.
• Working alongside Lead Solution Architects and with other designers within the Solutions Design competency to support the bank’s business projects.
We’d need you to have…
• Experience of a range of technologies including, for example, Messaging & Middleware, Microservices, Cloud and Data Streaming
• Experience and expertise in solution architecture
• Experience of working in waterfall and agile environments during the Software Development Life Cycle
• Understanding and experience of design governance
• Ability to work with both Business and Technology stakeholders to build personal credibility in shaping of solutions to business problems
• Ability to manage and resolve design risk and issues
• The ability to influence and challenge at a senior level to get the best outcome
We’d love you to have (but not essential) …
• Support planning – help drive the scope and delivery shape and schedule as well design
• Experience working effectively with other Change and Technology professionals
• Experience in the following areas of business: Financial Fraud and AML; Debit & Credit Cards; ATM & POS; Payments (FPS, SWIFT, CHAPS, BACS); Core banking processing; Treasury Systems
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at email@example.com.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.