Business Unit: Secured Credit, Consumer Lending, Group Commercial
Salary from: £30,400 and will be dependent on experience
Contract Type: Full-Time Permanent
Join Virgin Money as we transform our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo and turn traditional banking on its head. We’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward. We’re also transforming how we work, offering our colleagues more choice, control and flexibility to live and work how they choose with A Life More Virgin.
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
Here’s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35 hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And, you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one!
We’re looking for straight up specialist to join our newly structured credit strategy team. Your role will include driving the delivery of credit risk strategies to ensure the portfolio achieves growth and risk objectives across all stages of the credit lifecycle.
So, what will the Credit Strategy Senior Analyst do?
Mortgage Credit Strategy are responsible for ensuring the asset quality of our mortgage portfolios remain robust and align to business strategy. This involves managing, maintaining and optimising Mortgage Credit Strategies, monitoring of key metrics, involvement in business-wide projects and pro-active communication across the business.
Day to day you’ll be responsible for…
- Provide input into the scoping, design, development and implementation of credit risk strategies, shaping new strategies whilst maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Deliver insightful MI and commentary on portfolio performance against business plans, forecasts and risk appetite.
- Monitor the performance of the business and provide early warning of adverse risk trends including new and emerging risks.
- Expertly use MI to monitor credit metrics of both new and existing business, including making recommendations for changes to manage emerging risks and the identification of new opportunities.
- Promote and represent the team in cross-business projects and meetings.
- Develop improvements in processes used across the team to generate further efficiencies in team delivery.
- Manage and prioritise own workloads to align work and deliver to priorities defined from management.
- Ensure full compliance with all internal and external legal and regulatory obligations.
- Placing customers (internal and external) at the heart of decision making, ensuring that Credit Risk and wider VM business colleagues are customer focussed and committed to achieving the right outcomes for customers and for VM.
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
- Proven experience in a role demonstrating an excellent ability to analyse and interpret data, showing a logical approach to problem solving in relation to both business and technical issues
- A business/numerate degree and/or equivalent relevant technical experience
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of credit risk management in consumer finance
- SAS / SQL coding experience
We would love it if you had…
- Experience of the mortgage product(s) (Residential and Buy to Let) and the market landscape the Bank operates in.
- Experience at using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials you’ll need to bring section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.