Business Unit: Change & Delivery, Digital Engineering
Salary range: £38,400 - £53,600 per annum DOE
Give your career some Virgin va-va-voom
We’ve made huge progress on our transformation into a digital bank – from launching new digital propositions for customers to giving our colleagues more flexibility and Virgin oomph. Together, we’re creating something unique in UK banking. And we’re accelerating our digital drive to position ourselves as the number one digital bank, so it’s a massively exciting time to be joining us.
Here’s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35-hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one!
So, what’s our Digital Engineering Vision? Simply put, we will become a fully digitised bank, by developing a best-in-class digital delivery capability for our colleagues and our customers. But how will we deliver it? By becoming a truly Agile Organisation, our Digital Engineering Agile journey started in October 2020, since then, we have set up new Tribes, new squads, new ways of workings, loads of training sessions and much more, it’s an exciting time to join the team, what are you waiting for.
We're looking for an ambitious Java Senior Developer who of course loves the techy side of being a technologist but also someone who cares about delivering engaging customer experiences. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren't perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go.
As a Senior Developer you’ll be responsible for development and implementation of Integration and Microservice based solutions from initial conception through completion in an Agile environment. You’ll be supporting the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches enterprise, technical and functional requirements. Interested? Keep reading to find out more!
Day to day you’ll be...
- Working as part of an agile team assisting in the evolution of the Java Microservice and Integration Platform to keep fit for the future to support changing requirements and working practices in a fast-changing technology landscape.
- Identifying, implementing or suggesting changes that improve service to internal and external customers.
- Working as part of a team and supporting more junior members of the team to ensure the delivery and management of Java tasks; delivering quality outputs in a timely fashion, that meet the needs of stakeholders; focusing not just on what is delivered, but equally focused on quality.
- Using your knowledge and ability to collaborate with other members of the team, to enhance their and your skills and manage multiple streams of work through to completion.
To be brilliant you’ll bring...
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in Java 7/8 development preferably at an enterprise scale
- In depth experience of Agile development with a strong grasp of automation, continuous integration, test-driven development and continuous refactoring
- Proven ability with a successful track record of performing code reviews, driving software standards and best practices
- Significant practical experience in Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- SOAP/ REST Web Services
- SQL / ESQL
It’s a bonus if you have below, but it’s not essential...
- Experience using Cloud Technologies
- IBM Security Access Manager experience
- IBM – Datapower experience
- Atlassian Stack
- Unix / Linux
- Any experience with Pega, BPM tool
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the "to be brilliant you’ll need to bring" section above, but the final section is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.