Business Unit: HR & Comms
Salary range: Individual match
Give your career some Virgin va-va-voom
We’re at our best when we have something to drive us forward, a belief that underlines who we are and what we do. Our Purpose. We want to make people happier about money – and that idea starts with every single one of us here at Virgin Money. Feeling insatiably curious about your next adventure? You might have just found it.
Here’s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35-hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And you get these Red-Hot Rewards from day one!
We’ve a fantastic opportunity in our HR team for a forward-thinking Senior HR Business Partner to join us and invest in our ambitious People Strategy. This is a role where you can really make a difference as you’ll be leading the way on our 5-year vision, developing and driving progressive HR. By proactively sharing your HR expertise and partnering with our Leadership Team, you’ll be playing an influential part in enabling the bank wide growth agenda, taking steps to make the business more agile, and supporting our distinctive culture. You’ll be building out our unique brand, including our exciting colleague proposition, A Life More Virgin.
As one of two Senior HR Business Partners, you'll collaborate with business leaders across the company to drive brave and meaningful changes that make a difference and instil a sense of collective accountability in us all.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you’ll support the business with people focused initiatives, including but not exclusive to agendas of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DE&I); Talent Acquisition; Employer Branding, People Data and Services; Performance; Engagement; Reward; Organisational Change. You’ll also be responsible for supporting the business unit leadership on our digital and commercial agenda, seeking opportunities to improve customer experience whilst always ensuring our Purpose underpins decision making.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Influence, engage and be an active and effective member of business Leadership Teams.
- Work closely with Business Partners together with HR colleagues, Leadership Teams and People Leaders across the business to translate the enterprise-wide 5-year People Vision into Functional people plans and actions and meaningful change.
- Shape the diagnosis and development of progressive HR and People interventions.
- Influence and support the embedding of DE&I programs to achieve long term goals and attract and retain a more representative workforce with greater skills and expertise across Digital, Data and Technology. Be a visible and inspiring DE&I ally, communicating regularly to the business and inspiring colleagues to stay accountable and curious.
- Work with our Data Insights team to provide external insight and analysis to the business and translate data and trends into people priorities.
- Act as a coach to leaders enabling a high-performance management philosophy, underpinned by effective management capability and reward.
- Be a visible and trusted adviser through building and using well developed and sustained relationships across business areas. This may involve taking the lead as the representative for the Head of HR on enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Role model our Purpose, culture, and values to actively encourage and challenge colleagues.
- Take leadership in people management and enable debate and discussion for the Leadership team.
- Contribute to the effective management of the cost, risk and control environment inclusive of specific key risk accountabilities.
- Support the development of Business Partners and HR colleagues.
- Work with colleagues in Reward to understand and advise on the SMCR regime and its impact on Reward (broadly), recruitment process requirements, and departure requirements to ensure we remain compliant.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Team, Internal Communications, Reward, centres of HR excellence to support evolving People narrative and objectives.
- Facilitate the talent and development lifecycle.
- Represent Virgin Money to external associations.
There are a few essentials we need you to bring…
- Significant expertise in HR.
- Strong business acumen and track record of operating in commercial operating environment.
- Experience in partnering, advising, and coaching General Manager / Leadership Team level management.
- Ability to influence and drive action at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong communication skills – story telling, delivery of compelling messages, clear articulation of a vision both written and orally.
- Effective change management ability and a sound understanding of dealing with change in large organisations.
- Broad knowledge of HR functional areas such as employee / union relations, talent and performance management, and reward.
- Skills in organisation design, capability development and workforce planning.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging HR best practices and legislation and how this can be leveraged.
- Proven ability to balance and manage strategic fit between people resources and initiatives with overall business strategy and goals.
- Delivery, analysis, and interpretation skills.
We’d love you to have…
- A tertiary qualification in a business or management discipline with an HR focus, possible post graduate qualification, or equivalent applied experience.
- CIPD qualified to Chartered member.
- External insights and networks relevant to the successful delivery of the role.
- Knowledge of Financial Services.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the ‘There are a few essentials you need to bring …’ section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at email@example.com.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.