Business Unit: Group Risk, Personal Credit Oversight
Location: Remote – work from anywhere within the UK
Salary: circa £52,500 depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Give your career some extra oomph
Join Virgin Money as we transform our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo and turn traditional banking on its head. We’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward. We’re also transforming how we work, offering our colleagues more choice, control and flexibility to live and work how they choose with A Life More Virgin.
Here’s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35-hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And you get these Red-Hot Rewards from day one!
It’s an exciting time to be joining Risk as we’re growing and transforming our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt. If you`re a Risk Professional with a burning passion for what you do, a lust for learning and are looking to work with likeminded people then this is the role for you!
We have an exciting role in the Personal Credit Risk team where you’ll be a key member of the team who will be responsible for managing the credit risk for Personal unsecured lending.
Day to day you’ll…
Perform analysis using SAS and Microsoft office to explore emerging trends and make subsequent strategy changes, overseeing strategy change and MI investigations. Reporting findings to people leader and sharing them in team wide expert panels.
Use your experience and expert judgement in the design and setting of appropriate acquisition and account management strategies for the unsecured portfolios, ensuring they adhere to the Risk Appetite Statements and applicable regulations whilst allowing safe, profitable unsecured lending growth.
Monitor the health of the portfolio and performance of credit strategies, regularly producing high quality reports to appropriate risk governance including Credit risk forums, Unsecured commercial meetings and Credit Risk Committees.
Working closely with the wider credit team to ensure models are utilised correctly, provision forecasts are reflective of expected portfolio performance and systems, data and reporting are implemented accurately.
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
- Experience in the development of credit risk strategies, policies, and procedures
- Expertise in interpreting data analytics with a tenacity to look beyond headline information to identify inconsistent trends.
- SAS/SQL coding experience
- Deliver insightful MI and commentary on portfolio performance against business plans, forecasts and risk appetite.
- Review and evaluate collection strategies, ensuring they are effective at minimising bank losses
- A good understanding of Personal unsecured lending products
- Manage and prioritise own workloads to deliver against the team’s priorities
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with experience of managing challenge and conflict
The following would be brilliant...but not essential …
- Experience in building trusted relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- An understanding of proposition and system development.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.