Business Unit: Risk, Unsecured, Secured
Salary range: circa up to £68,500 depending on experience
Location: Remote – work from anywhere within the UK or some requirement to attend office/HUB/ Store
Contract Type: Permanent
Your next adventure starts here
We love promoting our own. That means growing and moving into new roles, but it also means expanding your experience too. If you’d like to move into a new area or explore new opportunities, you’re in the right place.
We’re looking for Credit Risk Managers to lead our Portfolio Performance activity in our Secured Credit and Unsecured Credit teams. The teams are responsible for delivering insight into the Secured and Unsecured, portfolios and supporting the delivery of oversight, challenge, and opinion to key internal and external stakeholders, including the PRA and Rating Agencies. Through expert knowledge, management information production, and other internal and external sources, the team identify portfolio trends, hotspots, and opportunities.
Depending on the team you join you’ll report into either the Secured or Unsecured Credit Risk Lead Manager Portfolio Performance. You’ll be responsible for delivering portfolio level Credit Risk insight & oversight, reporting & MI for the Credit Risk Management Leadership Team, Risk committees and the wider business as required. You’ll work closely with the broader Credit Risk team, and key operational and senior management stakeholders across the wider business, such as the Commercial, Finance and Customer Experience teams. To help you deliver your key objectives you’ll manage a small team of specialists, senior analysts, and analysts who will use their own skills and expertise to support you.
If this sounds like your next move, then here’s some more insight into the role itself.
Day to day you’ll:
- You’ll develop and deliver Credit Risk portfolio insight, oversight, and opinion in support of the Head of Secured/Unsecured activities and opinion
- Manage the delivery of credit portfolio insight to ensure that existing and future trends are clearly highlighted with associated risks and recommended actions.
- Deliver and manage a capability to enhance credit risk oversight and insight across the relevant credit portfolio.
- Responsible for the implementation of systems and controls to ensure effective identification, measurement and monitoring of all credit portfolio related business and regulatory risks and challenge strategy and operational owners on their systems and controls.
- Manage the development and delivery of appropriate and insightful analysis which will inform and influence decisions upon future strategies.
- Manage the development and delivery of a quality control capability to ensure all analysis and insight is completed to the highest standard. This includes working with Risk Analytics and other sources of data and reporting to ensure the availability and completeness of the inputs required to support insight.
- Manage and deliver the development of portfolio level Credit Risk Appetite Statement metrics aligned to Credit and Bank strategy to ensure safe development of the Credit portfolio.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate standards, policies, processes, and procedures and with all external legal, regulatory, and voluntary codes and practices.
- Deliver oversight of the portfolio including conducting deep dive reviews of the portfolio for Board Risk Committee and opinion / assurance of the appropriateness of actions to resolve breaches of risk appetite within the portfolio
- Keep abreast of all external developments and asses the Bank’s position relative to these through advice and insight to the Credit Leadership Team, and other internal stakeholders across the Commercial and Customer Experience teams.
There are a few essentials you need to bring to either of these opportunities…
- Subject matter expertise in lending products, sector and policy, strategy, collections, operations, monitoring etc.
- A good working knowledge of policies and procedures in credit risk management, and experience in Management Information development and best practice.
- Ability to support multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment and prioritise effectively to manage various management team / other stakeholder expectations.
- Experience of building trusted relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels, with experience of managing challenge and conflict.
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to condense and simplify complex information to brief and influence senior stakeholders.
- Experience in setting strategic direction, understanding challenges and opportunities presented by the market and regulation.
- High motivation and be able to demonstrate a professional "can do" attitude.
- Creative thinking, intellectual curiosity, and experienced in using presentation tools such as power BI, tableau, office etc.
- An ability to influence change in a positive and collaborative manner and turn ideas into practical solutions.
- A background in analytics, preferably using SAS.
We'd love you to have (but not essential)...
- Knowledge or experience using AI/ML in portfolio monitoring.
- An understanding of proposition and system development.
- Experience in improving efficiency through automation.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the ‘There are a few essentials you need to bring’ section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.