Business Unit: Customer Support
Salary range: £20,000 - £23,200 per annum annum DOE + red-hot benefits
Location: Within commuting distance to Gosforth (Newcastle), (expected into the Hub at least twice a month currently)
Grab onto your Virgin Money adventure
We are looking to boost our Financial Care team so that our customers get the top-class level of service they deserve and expect as part of being a valued Virgin Money customer. Looking after our customers is a key priority for us so when the moment comes to support our customers in their hour of need we need a special type of super hero also known as a Customer Support Associate to deliver a fantastic level of customer services.
Making our customers happier is at the heart of what we do, that means giving the same red-hot service we give to the first customer of our shift as we do the last. We need people who can flex around our customer’s needs! That is why we’re seeking passionate, empathetic individuals who are willing to do whatever it takes to make our customers Happier about Money.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll play a key part within our operation and seek to deliver valuable service to make our customers love us even more.
- You’ll engage with customers, understand their circumstances and as appropriate provide support to those that are either vulnerable or in financial difficulty.
- Your ability to be insatiably curious will obtain the best possible solution for the customer and the company will come into play.
- Applying your knowledge of root cause and contextualising customer circumstances in order to deliver the best solutions.
- You’ll liaise with third parties to ensure that our customers are fully supported and receive a service based on best practice.
- You’ll be asked to summarise key information obtained by effective probing and active listening whilst ensuring you operate within defined policies and procedures.
We need you to have
- Experience of working in customer service environment and a passion for delivering a brilliant outcome for our customers
- Excellent communication and listening skills with the ability to empathise and deliver a heartfelt service
- Proven ability to be insatiably curious, asking questions and negotiating to deliver the best solution
- A caring, positive attitude with a genuine desire to exceed our customers’ expectations
- A flexible and positive working approach to suit customer needs and business demands
It’s a bonus if you have but not essential
- Experience of working within a collections, debt management or Credit Services operation – would be great but not essential.
Just to flag
Not sure you’ve all the skills? That's okay – still apply as we value passion and potential so tell us why you’d be great in your application.
Red Hot Rewards
- Generous holidays - 38.5 days annual leave (including bank holidays and prorated if part-time) plus the option to buy more
- Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
- 20 weeks paid, gender-neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market-leading pension and free private medical cover
- Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, wellness and health assessments, and critical illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And there's no waiting around, you'll enjoy these benefits from day one.
Feeling insatiably curious about this role? Apply as soon as you can. If we’re lucky to receive a lot of interest, we may close the advert early and would hate you to miss out.
We're all about helping you Live a Life More Virgin, so happy to talk flexible working with you.
Say hello to Virgin Money
We’re making great strides towards achieving our ambition of becoming the UK’s best digital bank. As a full-service digital bank with a heritage stretching back over 180 years, we`re a workforce to be reckoned with. We're putting the full power of our experience behind disruptive ideas that reinvent the role a bank plays in people's lives. We strive to create positive experiences for our millions of customers and our purpose, ‘Making You Happier About Money’, underpins everything we do. We believe in doing banking differently, innovating and working together to make a real difference. Join us and Live a Life More Virgin that empowers you with choice and flexibility in how you work.
Be yourself at Virgin Money
Our purpose is to make people happier about money, this means seeing and feeling the world as our customers do by creating a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our customers and communities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where colleagues feel safe and inspired to contribute, speak up and be heard.
As a Disability Confident Leader, we're committed to removing any obstacles to inclusion. If you need any reasonable adjustments or support making your application, contact our Talent Acquisition team firstname.lastname@example.org
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it), but we'll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
If you're successful in securing a role with us, there are some checks you need to complete before starting. These include credit and criminal record checks and three years' worth of satisfactory references. If the role is part of the Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime, it requires enhanced pre-employment checks – we'll ask for six years of regulatory references, and once in the role, you'll be subject to periodic employment checks.