Business Unit: Virgin Money Investments (VMI)
Salary Range: £44,800 - £67,200 per annum DOE + red hot benefits
Contract Type: 12 months Fixed Term Contract
A career with Virgin va-va-voom
We’ve an opportunity for a Regulatory Reporting & Controls Manager to join our Investments & Pensions team which is part of an exciting Joint Venture between Virgin Money and Aberdeen Standard Investments. It’s an important role supporting the oversight and operational readiness of our new outsourced Investments & Pensions Third Party Administrator (TPA) relationship. The role has three key areas of focus 1) assisting both organisations to ensure our regulatory reporting obligations are accurately fulfilled, 2) assessing the operation of the controls environment and 3) supporting the Partnership Management Team in carrying out oversight & governance of the services provided. Your role will see you working closely with the other members of the Joint Venture Team, with our service providers and other key stakeholders to fulfil your responsibilities.
What you'll be doing
- You will support the production of testing requirements & scenarios for the first-time occurrence production of regulatory reporting and HMRC returns
- You will review and confirm the quality of reporting data in both test and live environments
- You will conduct sampling of source data to ensure accuracy
- You will co-ordinate input to the production assurance process from SME’s
- You will co-ordinate meetings with service providers to track production process and output and to solve challenges as encountered
- You will co-ordinate, track & report timely submission of Regulatory Returns from across multiple JV disciplines
- You will assist the Partnership Management Team in testing assurance of service providers controls, report findings and make recommendations
- You will review and complete quarterly RCSA reviews and reporting
- You may be asked to attend & support oversight visits to Partners offices (across the UK) when required
- You support the Team in fulfilment of general service partner oversight tasks & governance activities, including MI production
- You will support the Team in the delivery of operational enhancement projects as required
We need you to have
- Knowledge and experience of working within the Regulatory Reporting & HMRC Returns landscape for ISA, Pensions & General Investments
- Strong product and industry knowledge regards Pension and Investments (ISA & GIA)
- The capability to manipulate, interrogate and confirm the accuracy of regulatory reporting data
- Ability to work alone and as part of team to achieve challenging targets
- A flexible attitude to the completion of service partner oversight & governance tasks as required to support the wider team
It’s a bonus if you have but not essential
- Experience of operational controls completion or adherence testing
- The ability to learn and apply Investment & Pension product and process knowledge to a high standard
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulation including SYSC 8, CASS, COLL & COBBs FCA Rule books
- Ability to utilise PowerPoint and Excel to store, interrogate and report data
Just to flag
Not sure you’ve all the skills? That's okay – still apply as we value passion and potential so tell us why you’d be great in your application.
Red Hot Rewards
- Generous holidays - 38.5 days annual leave (including bank holidays and prorated if part-time) plus the option to buy more
- Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
- 20 weeks paid, gender-neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market-leading pension and free private medical cover
- Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, wellness and health assessments, and critical illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And there's no waiting around, you'll enjoy these benefits from day one.
Feeling insatiably curious about this role? Apply as soon as you can. If we’re lucky to receive a lot of interest, we may close the advert early and would hate you to miss out.
We're all about helping you Live a Life More Virgin, so happy to talk flexible working with you.
Say hello to Virgin Money
We’re making great strides towards achieving our ambition of becoming the UK’s best digital bank. As a full-service digital bank with a heritage stretching back over 180 years, we`re a workforce to be reckoned with. We're putting the full power of our experience behind disruptive ideas that reinvent the role a bank plays in people's lives. We strive to create positive experiences for our millions of customers and our purpose, ‘Making You Happier About Money’, underpins everything we do. We believe in doing banking differently, innovating and working together to make a real difference. Join us and Live a Life More Virgin that empowers you with choice and flexibility in how you work.
Be yourself at Virgin Money
Our purpose is to make people happier about money, this means seeing and feeling the world as our customers do by creating a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our customers and communities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where colleagues feel safe and inspired to contribute, speak up and be heard.
As a Disability Confident Leader, we're committed to removing any obstacles to inclusion. If you need any reasonable adjustments or support making your application, contact our Talent Acquisition team email@example.com
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it), but we'll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
If you're successful in securing a role with us, there are some checks you need to complete before starting. These include credit and criminal record checks and three years' worth of satisfactory references. If the role is part of the Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime, it requires enhanced pre-employment checks – we'll ask for six years of regulatory references, and once in the role, you'll be subject to periodic employment checks.