Business Unit: Treasury Markets
Salary Range: £ Competitive DOE + red-hot benefits
Location: UK Flexible
Contract Type: Permanent
A career with Virgin va-va-voom
Treasury is responsible for managing VM’s key risks, including those associated with the Group’s Funding needs. This position plays a pivotal role in maintaining and developing this core source of funding for the Group.
Reporting into the Head of Treasury Markets, you will lead on large corporate deposit relationships for the bank with responsibility for implementing product strategy and optimising client relationships. You will support the development of product and proposition, keep up to date with the market backdrop impacting the business and assure operational processes are managed. The role includes close collaboration with key stakeholders and teams across the bank including Commercial, Finance, Risk and Operations as well as leading a growing team.
We are looking for a proven track record of client development within the corporate and institutional area. Your experience would demonstrate an ability to manage and optimise a deposit strategy as well as supporting tactical initiatives for front book origination.
Day to day you’ll:
Develop, maintain and be primarily responsible for the large corporate deposit portfolio of the Group. You will work in conjunction with the wider Treasury and Commercial teams to implement the liability strategy of the bank and tactically optimise market conditions to meet overall funding needs:
- Maintain and optimise the existing relationships within the portfolio
- Liaise with key stakeholders to identify and develop product and client opportunities to grow the cost effectiveness and diversification of the overall funding strategy
- Continue to build a prominent external presence and brand in the marketplace and becoming recognised as a true deposit expert in the defined sector, known and respected by relevant operators and sector professional advisors
- Understand the economic environment, deposit market dynamic and keeping up to date with competitor and market data
- Support the liability strategy and development of capability across wider Commercial and Treasury teams.
You’ll be working within Treasury Markets who are also responsible for managing Pension, Interest Rate, FX and Liquidity risk which will give you a solid position within a broad market facing and dynamic team directly able to impact the Group’s success.
To be successful you’ll need to bring:
- The ability to develop and practically use expert knowledge of the Bank’s Liability products appropriate for Large Corporate clients
- Aptitude to quickly assimilate, understand, and efficiently present information to identify issues, consider then implement solutions
- Capacity to cope and flex with complex and continually challenging situations
- A self-starter able to work on your own at times as well as within a broad-based team
- Excellent, effective communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal, building instant credibility with stakeholders and customers, and an ability to clearly convey propositions and organisational messages
- The aptitude to develop these skills in others to deepen the capability of the team
- A broad range of external contacts and connections within the UK Large Corporate space to help develop and support deposit gathering activity.
We’d love you to have:
- A relevant vocational financial services qualification of at least Chartered Banker or comparable
- In depth understanding of risk and compliance requirements
- Significant knowledge of deposit products, policy, and procedures
- A great attitude and sense of ambition – be motivated with an appetite for success
- Most importantly we need you to be passionate about being involved at the heart of our business, with one eye on what we’re delivering today and the other on the future planning for the bank.
Just to flag
Not sure you’ve all the skills? That's okay – still apply as we value passion and potential so tell us why you’d be great in your application.
Red Hot Rewards
- Generous holidays - 38.5 days annual leave (including bank holidays and prorated if part-time) plus the option to buy more
- Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
- 20 weeks paid, gender-neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market-leading pension
- Free private medical cover, income protection and life assurance
- Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, wellness and health assessments, and critical illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And there's no waiting around, you'll enjoy these benefits from day one.
Feeling insatiably curious about this role? Apply as soon as you can. If we’re lucky to receive a lot of interest, we may close the advert early and would hate you to miss out.
We're all about helping you Live a Life More Virgin, so happy to talk flexible working with you.
Say hello to Virgin Money
We’re making great strides towards achieving our ambition of becoming the UK’s best digital bank. As a full-service digital bank with a heritage stretching back over 180 years, we`re a workforce to be reckoned with. We're putting the full power of our experience behind disruptive ideas that reinvent the role a bank plays in people's lives. We strive to create positive experiences for our millions of customers and our purpose, ‘Making You Happier About Money’, underpins everything we do. We believe in doing banking differently, innovating and working together to make a real difference. Join us and Live a Life More Virgin that empowers you with choice and flexibility in how you work.
Be yourself at Virgin Money
Our purpose is to make people happier about money, this means seeing and feeling the world as our customers do by creating a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our customers and communities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where colleagues feel safe and inspired to contribute, speak up and be heard.
As a Disability Confident Leader, we're committed to removing any obstacles to inclusion. If you need any reasonable adjustments or support making your application, contact our Talent Acquisition team email@example.com
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it), but we'll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
If you're successful in securing a role with us, there are some checks you need to complete before starting. These include credit and criminal record checks and three years' worth of satisfactory references. If the role is part of the Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime, it requires enhanced pre-employment checks – we'll ask for six years of regulatory references, and once in the role, you'll be subject to periodic employment checks.