Business Unit: Chief Operating Office
Salary range: £54,800 - £68,500 per annum DOE + red-hot benefits
Grab onto your Virgin Money adventure
It’s an exciting time for us as we grow our Economic Crime (PROTECT) team who have a critical role to play, keeping us and our customers safe. They are our first line of defence function and responsible for day-to-day fraud and financial crime risk identification, ownership, management and control. We’re seeking an inspiring and engaging Fraud Analytics Manager who is insatiably curious and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
In this role you’ll be responsible for leading our efforts in detecting, preventing and mitigating fraudulent activities across the bank’s Application and Plastic channels. Managing a team of talented analysts, you’ll work closely with various stakeholders to develop and implement robust fraud prevention and detection strategies. We’re seeking a highly skilled professional who can make an immediate impact.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a team of fraud analysts, providing guidance, mentorship, and technical expertise.
- Ownership and maintenance of the Bank’s Application and Plastic Fraud detection systems
- Developing and executing fraud detection strategies and methodologies to proactively identify emerging fraud trends and patterns.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including technology, risk management, and business units, to implement fraud prevention solutions.
- Utilising advanced analytics techniques, machine learning algorithms, and statistical modelling to identify and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Monitoring key fraud metrics and generate regular reports for senior management, highlighting trends, risks, and recommendations for improvement.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, emerging fraud schemes, and regulatory requirements related to Application and Plastic fraud prevention and detection.
- Ensuring robust governance and control is in place when utilising Fraud detection systems to ensure the bank is protected from both an internal and external risk perspective
- Facilitate insights from Fraud Analytics, industry engagement and operations to inform the Head of Fraud strategy the actions needed to underpin a robust strategy.
- Engage with industry peers and technology vendors to understand emerging technology
We need you to have
- Experience of successfully leading a high performing Fraud Analytics team within retail banking
- Expert knowledge of advanced analytics techniques, including machine learning, anomaly detection, predictive modelling, and statistical analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to make data-driven decisions and solve complex fraud-related challenges.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or R, as well as experience working with analytics tools like SAS, SPSS, or similar platforms.
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and leveraging data visualization tools for effective reporting and communication
- Gravitas to challenge and influence senior management to get the best outcome
- Knowledge of Retail Banks products, distribution channels, customer types (retail and business mass market).
It’s a bonus if you have but not essential
- Holder (or studying towards) relevant professional and/or fraud qualification
Red Hot Rewards
- Generous holidays - 38.5 days annual leave (including bank holidays and prorated if part-time) plus the option to buy more
- Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
- 20 weeks paid, gender-neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market-leading pension
- Free private medical cover, income protection and life assurance
- Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, wellness and health assessments, and critical illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And there's no waiting around, you'll enjoy these benefits from day one.
Feeling insatiably curious about this role? Apply as soon as you can. If we’re lucky to receive a lot of interest, we may close the advert early and would hate you to miss out.
We're all about helping you Live a Life More Virgin, so happy to talk flexible working with you.
Say hello to Virgin Money
We’re making great strides towards achieving our ambition of becoming the UK’s best digital bank. As a full-service digital bank with a heritage stretching back over 180 years, we`re a workforce to be reckoned with. We're putting the full power of our experience behind disruptive ideas that reinvent the role a bank plays in people's lives. We strive to create positive experiences for our millions of customers and our purpose, ‘Making You Happier About Money’, underpins everything we do. We believe in doing banking differently, innovating and working together to make a real difference. Join us and Live a Life More Virgin that empowers you with choice and flexibility in how you work.
Be yourself at Virgin Money
Our purpose is to make people happier about money, this means seeing and feeling the world as our customers do by creating a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our customers and communities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where colleagues feel safe and inspired to contribute, speak up and be heard.
As a Disability Confident Leader, we're committed to removing any obstacles to inclusion. If you need any reasonable adjustments or support making your application, contact our Talent Acquisition team email@example.com
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it), but we'll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
If you're successful in securing a role with us, there are some checks you need to complete before starting. These include credit and criminal record checks and three years' worth of satisfactory references. If the role is part of the Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime, it requires enhanced pre-employment checks – we'll ask for six years of regulatory references, and once in the role, you'll be subject to periodic employment checks.