Job Title: Audit Manager
Business Unit: Internal Audit
Salary range: £55,339 - £69,174 DOE plus great benefits
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
A fantastic opportunity exists within our Internal Audit team for a Change Audit Manager. As a team we work closely with every area of the business to improve risk and controls and to deliver an audit plan that supports our Purpose and strategy. If you’re passionate about understanding and influencing how safely and efficiently the bank delivers its strategy through its change agenda, and improving risk and control, then we want to hear from you…
We're looking for self-motivated enthusiastic individuals, who are ready to make a real difference to a successful and expanding team. In return, we'll train, encourage and reward you, helping you every step of the way to forge a long term and successful career.
The Role in a Nutshell:
This role is about providing independent assurance over a wide range of change activities for example, portfolio management and individual project delivery. You will act as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders on risk and control and add value by providing timely and insightful engagement with a commercial focus. As an Audit Manager you will own and develop strong relationships with stakeholders and stay close to their business area. You will also contribute to the strategic thinking of the department and will play your part in developing and leading the delivering of the change audit plan.
The Audit Manager is accountable for:
- Developing a great understanding of the change agenda across the bank and building strong, trusted relationships with stakeholders.
- Significantly contributing to the development and refresh of the change audit plan whilst engaging with the audit leadership team.
- Delivering high-quality audits with a clear risk and control lens that create value for our stakeholders.
- Continually engaging with stakeholders throughout the audit process, delivering clear and effective communications.
- Supporting the wider audit department on engagements as part of the “best team” approach.
- Keeping pace with internal audit best practice developments and thought leadership in your area of expertise.
- Raising capability of all staff through by actively role modelling our values and behaviours; providing proactive coaching of colleagues and stakeholders and promoting risk management and control awareness across VM.
We Need You To Have:
You’ll be working in the Change Audit team, so you’ll need practical experience of delivering audits and/or experience of risk management and control assessment in one or more of these areas:
- Portfolio, programme or project management
- Technology or digital change
- Agile projects
- Regulatory or legal change projects
- Strategic organisational change including integration, migration and organisational restructure.
You’ll also be a key member of the team, working with senior stakeholders and leading audits so should have experience of:
- working with change delivery stakeholders and teams to agree and develop control solutions
- leading and/or managing key pieces of work, leading teams and coaching others
- strong risk and control awareness.
We Would Like You To Have:
- Relevant qualification e.g. Audit, Change or risk management
- Change, IT and/or business audit skills
- Knowledge of change management methodologies across industries e.g. PRINCE, Agile
- Knowledge of operational and change risk management frameworks
- Ability to understand delivery risk of change and potential impact on business operational environments
RED HOT Rewards:
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.