Job Title: Delivery Consultant, Mortgages & Enterprise Tribe
Business Unit: Digital Solutions, CIO
Location: Glasgow / Newcastle Upon Tyre
Salary: Starting from £50,500 - £70,000 per annum DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
In Digital Solutions we are proud that we are the team responsible for Virgin Money’s web and mobile channels that enable our customers to access their personal and business banking services when and how they want to. We believe in collaboration, with Agile delivery practices being at the heart of everything we do.
We love what we do and it’s a truly exciting time to join the team!
So, what’s missing?
Digital Solutions are in the process of implementing a Tribe and Squad model across Digital Solutions with each Tribe being aligned to a business franchise.
We are looking for a Delivery Consultant in the Mortgages & Enterprise Tribe to play a key role in this transformation and then, reporting to the Tribe Engineering Lead, play a key role in the ongoing delivery across the Tribe.
The Delivery Consultant will:
- Contribute to the setting of agile delivery standards and ensuring the vision and goals of the Tribe and Squad are clearly understood
- Support Squads in establishing and proving out Squad productivity and quality metrics and refine engineering workflow where required. Some experience of leading multi-disciplined team of engineers with an agile environment would be hugely beneficial
- Work with the Engineering Lead, the Culture & Capability Lead, and the Methods & Capability Consultant to support the evolution of our culture, tools and processes
Longer term, the role will assess any planned changes in strategy or new emerging technologies and plan for the implementation and integration of these changes into our teams whilst ensuring ongoing delivery of customer value.
You are likely to be a strong problem solver with a strong engineering and delivery background, ideally with agile certification such as a certified SAFe Practitioner or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner. At a minimum you would have demonstrable experience in a similar role within a multi-squad Tribe in a regulated industry, preferably, financial services.
If you have a commitment to empowering teams to work in a collaborative way adopting automation and Agile methodologies then you will fit right in. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
No day will be the same but you will typically:
- Support delivery across Squads focusing on areas of particular size or complexity
- Provide delivery assurance through lean governance and risk management
- Make use of data and feedback loops and lead on continuous improvement across the Tribe and Squads
- Support Product Owners and Scrum Master in their PI Planning
- Support portfolio teams in management of budgets
- Support the Engineering Lead in recruitment and talent management
We are a people focused team and we believe that your attitude and approach are as important as the experience and skills that you will bring.
If you think you have what it takes to Live a Life More Virgin join us!
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.