Job Title: Quality Engineering Chapter Lead
Business Unit: Digital Solutions, CIO
Location: Glasgow / Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: Starting from £50,500 - £70,000 per annum DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
In Digital Solutions we are proud that we are the team which deliver the digital capabilities that enable our customers to engage with their finances when and how they want to. We deliver across web and mobile channels across a range of technologies. Being digital and on the go has never been so important – We love what we do and it’s truly an exciting time to join the team!
We’re looking for someone ambitious who of course loves the techy side of being a technologist but also someone who cares about delivering engaging customer experiences.
We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
We are looking for a Quality Engineering Chapter Lead. This role provides expertise and knowledge to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The role holder will work alongside/embedded within the tribes/squads to drive test automation and framework(s) that complement the development approach. The role holder will work collaboratively with the delivery team to review and input to requirements, specifications and technical design documents. They will estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities within the delivery team to feed into overall delivery. They will also estimate, design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools as much as possible. The Quality Chapter Lead will develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet stakeholder needs, and track quality assurance metrics.
Day to day you’ll:
- Use your strong understanding of quality frameworks such as TDD and BDD as well as your experience with automation principles and toolsets such as Selenium, Cucumber, cloud based and performance test tools, continuous integration tools, service virtualization and Jira to help us delight our colleagues and customers.
- Lead and mentor colleagues within our Squads and tribes ensuring the appropriate development and coaching is in place to ensure the team is successful across Digital and CIO.
- Work with Engineering Leads; Product Owners and other competency Chapter Leads to understand the CIO & Tribe priorities. Working as a team you will facilitate the best solution and help prioritise the backlog for the tribe which will demonstrate the most relevance for our colleagues and customers.
- You will be proactive in identifying technical impediments, working directly to resolve. You will work with tribe members to support and educate on quality first principles, whilst facilitating CI/CD.
Overall, your attitude and approach are as important as the experience and skills that you will bring.
If you think you have what it takes to Live a Life More Virgin join us!
Sound good? Apply now!
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.