Job Title: ESB Developer (Senior Developer)
Business Unit: Digital Solutions, CIO
Salary: Starting from £34,000 - £43,250 per annum DOE
Location: Glasgow/Newcastle Upon Tyne
Contract Type: Permanent
We’re at our best when we have something to drive us forward, a belief that underlines who we are and what we do. Our Purpose. We want to make people happier about money – and that idea starts with every single one of us here at Virgin Money. Feeling Insatiably Curious about your next adventure? You might have just found it.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Digital Solutions team and are on the lookout for an ambitious Senior Developer to help us deliver an engaging customer experience. What do Digital Solutions do I hear you say – Well we are responsible for delivering the digital capabilities that enable our customers to engage with their finances when and how they want to. We deliver across web and mobile channels across a range of technologies. Being digital and on the go has never been so important – We love what we do and it’s truly an exciting time to join the team!
Tell me more…
As a Senior Developer, we’re not just looking for a techy technologist but for someone who also enjoys engaging and collaborating with stakeholders. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
We’re looking for an IT professional, responsible for design, development and implementation of Integration and messaging based solutions from initial conception through completion in an Agile environment. Supporting the business and ensuring technical architecture of the delivered solution matches enterprise, technical and functional requirements.
Day to day you’ll…
- Work as part of a team assisting in the evolution of the ESB Middleware Platform to keep fit for the future.
- Identify, implement or suggest changes that improve service to internal and external customers.
- Work as part of a team to lead, coach and manage the ESB development team, to deliver quality outputs in a timely fashion, that meet the needs of stakeholders; focusing not just on what is delivered, but equally focused on how objectives are achieved.
- Apply technical and platform knowledge, make key technical decisions and build a consensus around technical direction in an agile environment.
- Evolve development practices, processes and tools in a proactive manner.
- Bring experience and platform knowledge to bear on complex integration tasks, identifying technical risk, working with architects and developers to mitigate this risk using architecture spikes and proofs-of-concept.
To be successful you’ll bring…
- In-depth experience in IBM ESB or similar Middleware product, across multiple areas of a typical enterprise technology.
- Experienced Agile development with a strong grasp of automation, continuous integration, test-driven development and continuous refactoring.
- Background in developing integration solutions (financial experience would be preferred).
- Excellent communication, engagement and influencing skills.
- Practical experience in Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe.
- SOAP/ REST Web Services.
- Java 7/8, JEE, JSP.
- SQL / ESQL.
We’d love you to have experience of...
- Rational Team Concert, Rational Integration Tester, GitHub.
- Experience in ESB with the use of Jenkins, Docker, Rancher.
- Atlassian Stack.
- Unix / Linux.
This is a wish list so don’t worry if you don’t have all of these as we’d still love to hear from you! Overall, your attitude and approach are as important as the experience and skills that you will bring.
Sound good? Apply now!
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.