Job Title: Business Analyst (Technology Analyst 2)
Business Unit: Digital Solutions, CIO
Location: Glasgow / Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: Starting from £26,800 - £33,500 per annum DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
Now more than ever enabling customers to access their services digitally has never been more important. In Digital Solutions we are proud that we are the team that deliver these channels that enable our customers’ access to their personal and business banking services when and how they want to. We deliver across web and mobile across a range of technologies. We believe in collaboration, with Agile delivery practices being at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go.
We love what we do and it’s a truly exciting time to join the team!
So, what’s missing?
We are looking for someone who is ambitious and loves the techy side of being a technologist but also someone who will ensure that the customer experience is always at the heart of it.
We are looking for a Business Analyst (Technology Analyst 2) who is highly motivated and is actively looking for their next permanent career challenge. You'll work closely with your Chapter Lead, Product Owner and Squad to deliver a robust, well defined vision of our future needs and create just the right level of documentation including business process maps/ user stories, to keep your squad working at pace.
We are in the process of implementing a Tribe and Squad model and you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary Squad delivering work in Sprints. You will contribute to standard Agile planning ceremonies (sprint planning, sprint retrospective) as well as Daily Stand Ups. You will support the Scrum Master and Product Owner in managing the Product Backlog and ensuring that key metrics such as time remaining and velocity are understood and followed by the team. Alongside your team you will develop and test software for one of our key digital channels.
To be successful you’ll need to bring:
- A proven track record in business analysis within an agile or a digital environment
- Demonstrable experience of business change methodologies and processes
- Experience of challenging the norm and being part of successful agile transformation
- Proven capability in gathering and documenting complex high and low-level requirements
- Confidence in creating detailed process maps using industry standard techniques
- Strong capability in complex business impact assessment & analysis across multiple Business streams
- First class inter-personal skills, coupled with strong influencing abilities and a can-do attitude to keep focussed on delivering the right business outcome
- Be a self-starter, well organised and able to work independently on complex tasks
The following would be brilliant...but not essential….
- Knowledge of project methodologies such as Agile and tools such as JIRA
- An understanding of Banking & Finance organisations
- Usage of supporting tools across business/technology project disciplines, including a working knowledge of Design/Build/Test and Implementation phases of the project lifecycle
- An understanding of the Business Analysis competency
We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also ensure we deliver ground-breaking experiences for our customer and support us becoming better at what we do!
Your attitude and approach are as important to us as the skills and experience you have.
If you think you have what it takes to Live a Life More Virgin, join us.
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.