Business Unit: Personal Models, Group Risk
Salary: £38,882 - circa £55,000 depending on experience
Location: Flexible, UK based and remote working available
Contract Type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
We need our Risk team to make sure that we are a responsible and safe pair of hands for our customers’ and investors’ money. We are looking for someone who shares our passion to build a better kind of bank and has the determination to help us be successful in this mission.
As part of the Personal Models team you’ll help to secure the foundations of our business decisions by providing quantitative and qualitative analysis across our model suite.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Leading model developments and analysis; providing input into the scoping, design, development, validation and implementation of personal models, in line with Bank standards and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Providing high quality model documentation and recommendation papers to governance committees - keeping it straightforward.
- Supporting the coaching and development of Risk Analysts within the team.
- Gain support for model changes from key stakeholders and participating in and facilitate networks internally and across the wider Bank
- Carrying out data manipulation and extraction and subsequent actionable analysis from a variety of sources.
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
- Experience of statistical model building or validation
- Highly analytical with a good degree in a numerate discipline subject (e.g. maths, statistics, economics etc)
- Excellent data mining skills
- Coding experience with statistical software such as SAS, R, Python
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills
- Excellent report writing skills, ideally for a Model Risk Committee or equivalent
It’s a bonus if you have… but not essential
- Good knowledge of Credit Risk Modelling (including PD, EAD and LGD models). Or good knowledge of any of the following; Financial models, Banking Book Pricing models, Operational Risk models, or Banking Book Stress Testing models.
- Knowledge of the Basel Capital Requirements Regulation.
- Knowledge of methods such as regression modelling.
- Coaching/mentoring experience.
We’d really like you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials you’ll need to bring section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
• 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
• Five extra paid well-being days per year
• 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• A digital-first colleague experience
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK
And the great news is, all these benefits are available to colleagues from day one!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.