Business Unit: Legal, Governance & Purpose, Customer Legal Team
Salary: up to circa £50,000 depending on experience
Location: Glasgow or Newcastle are ideal but we're flexible
Contract type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It’s about thinking what money could be, instead of what it’s always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We’re not like other banks – and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
We’re on an exciting journey to disrupt the status quo. It’s a fun and fast-paced place to be, and we want you to help take us to the next level.
We've an exciting new opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join our Customer Legal team. We are looking for a highly motivated legal professional who can confidently contribute to the Legal, Governance & Purpose team and support the delivery of the Bank`s strategic objectives.
Day to day you will….
• Be an engaged and proactive member of the Legal, Governance & Purpose team.
• Support the success of our Customer franchises by keeping them safe with timely and commercial legal advice.
• Build relationships with, influence and guide a wide range of people across Virgin Money.
• Take responsibility for your own development by seeking out activities to be involved in.
To be brilliant you will bring….
• An attitude that wows and ability that can match it.
• Some knowledge of regulated finance and a desire to learn more.
• The ability to get to the right answer and then communicate it in a way anyone can understand.
• A desire to make customers and colleagues happier about money.
We would love it if you had…
• 2+ years PQE
We’ll need to see...
Appropriate credentials showing that you are a solicitor currently admitted in the UK.
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.