Business Unit: Group Risk, Chief Compliance Office
Min: £27,000 - circa £34,000
Location: UK based, flexible
Contract Type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
It’s an exciting time to be joining Risk as we’re growing, and transforming our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo. What this means is ensuring we have the right skills, capability and capacity within Risk to manage the growth and digital ambitions expected of a Tier 1 bank and we’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward!
Within Fraud Risk we have several new roles as we enhance our capability and grow the team to ensure we keep up with the demands of this ever changing landscape, whilst ensuring we keep our customer safe. As a Fraud Analyst you’ll be responsible for undertaking fraud analytics as directed by the senior fraud analyst / Fraud Analytics Manager to optimise fraud defence systems, to ensure that fraud risk is within appetite, losses within budget and operational and genuine customer impacts are balanced.
This role in a nutshell…
• Developing expertise on fraud defence systems.
• Optimisation and monitoring performance of fraud detection and prevention systems and associated models.
• Configuring fraud systems to manage fraud risk within appetite and budget.
• Being part of an innovative fraud analytics team that tune fraud defences to prevent fraud, while balancing operational impact and genuine customer interventions.
• Completing analytics as directed to support the setting and on-going reporting and management of the Fraud loss budget.
• Producing accurate and relevant fraud MI required by governance committees and stakeholders.
• Providing daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly fraud loss monitoring and reporting.
• Providing analysis to support maintenance, development and investment in fraud defence systems.
• Supporting Fraud SME input on fraud projects through analytics.
• Providing input and impact analysis to fraud incident response as directed.
• Internal stakeholder engagement.
• Supporting external engagement with third party suppliers, industry bodies and law enforcement as required.
To be brilliant you must have...
• Some experience of successfully working within a fraud risk analytics function within UK Retail Banking.
• Track record of completing analytics and tuning fraud defence systems to manage fraud loss within budget and appetite.
• Knowledge of industry standard fraud systems and data sources (Falcon, CA Arcot, Biocatch, TS2, PRM).
• Practical experience of using SAS / SQL or equivalent analytical tools to develop data driven solutions.
• Knowledge of fraud risks, threats, and landscape.
• The ability to challenge effectively.
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.