Business Unit: Change & Delivery, Digital Engineering
Salary: Up to circa £82,000 DOE
We’ve made good progress on our transformation into a digital bank. From launching new digital propositions for customers to embedding our new colleague proposition - A Life More Virgin, together we’re creating something unique in UK banking. If we are to grow as a digital-first bank, we need to accelerate our digital agenda in a truly agile way so it’s a very exciting time to be joining us.
Here’s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35-hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- A digital-first colleague experience
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And, you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one
So, what’s our Digital Engineering Vision? Simply put, we will become a fully digitised bank, by developing a best-in-class digital delivery capability for our colleagues and our customers. But how will we deliver it? By becoming a truly Agile Organisation, our Digital Engineering Agile journey started in October 2020, since then, we have set up new Tribes, new squads, new ways of workings, loads of training sessions and much much more.
The Digital Engineering team is part of the wider Digital & Innovation function, and we are responsible for IT solutions that underpin our multi-channel distribution systems which includes our websites, mobile applications and client-server applications. We are now in the process of setting up our BizApps Centre of Expertise (CoE) which will play a critical part in driving the banks Digital Agenda and we have an exciting opportunity for a SharePoint & Power Platform Technology Consultant right now!
As a SharePoint & Power Platform Technology Consultant, we’re not just looking for a technologist but for someone who also enjoys engaging and collaborating with stakeholders. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
Day to day you’ll be…..
- Defining the technical standards and best practice for adopting and implementing SharePoint and Power Platform solutions
- Defining and evaluating the non-functional/technical requirements for each business process in your workstream
- Collaborating on the creation of application requirements and fit/gap analysis
- Writing technical specifications and collaborate with the functional team to ensure functional and technical requirements are understood and well defined
- Documenting the system extensions, integrations and prepare project documentation deliverables
- Supporting key-users in system integration acceptance testing
- Training key-users and/or end-users
- Working with spoke technical resources around the definition and implementation of system integrations
- Collaborating with spoke development teams to ensure successful implementation of your technical designs, ensuring adherence to VM standards
- Working in a cross-functional and agile team with the architects, other developers and project manager to deliver effective solutions to a range of business problems
To be successful you’ll need to bring…
- A proven and successful track record of defining and evaluating technical standards, best practice and non-functional/technical business requirements in a similar role
- The ability to translate architecture designs in a technology specific solution and collaborate with functional teams to ensure requirements are understood, well defined, and communicated
- SME knowledge and skills in application development, complex code development, application testing, component design and technical operations for products/technologies, specifically SharePoint and Power Platform
- A deep understanding and up-to-date knowledge of SharePoint (Cloud and On-Premise) / Power Platform and the underlying Microsoft technologies
- A good understanding of Azure technologies and DevOps methodology for SharePoint / Power Platform
- Experience with the integration capabilities of SharePoint / Power Platform and other systems (Cloud / On-Premise)
- Proactively keep up to date with the changing technical landscape through training and knowledge sharing
- The ability to support and coach more junior colleagues and end users
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- A passion for driving our Digital Agenda ensuring the end user is at the heart of activities
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.