Business Unit: IRB & Predictive Modelling
Salary:£29,600 - circa £40,000 depending on experience
Location: UK based, home working available
Contract Type: Permanent
It’s an exciting time to be joining Risk as we’re growing, and transforming our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo. What this means is ensuring we have the right skills, capability and capacity within Risk to manage the growth and digital ambitions expected of a Tier 1 bank and we’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward!
As part of the IRB & Predictive Modelling team you’ll help to secure the foundations of our business decisions by providing quantitative and qualitative analysis across our model suite, providing solutions support the acquisition of new business, risk based account management and manage the bank’s capital across its portfolios.
Day to day you’ll be responsible for…
• Undertaking statistical modelling and data analysis to support the development of the bank’s models in line with bank standards and compliance requirements
• Undertaking model annual reviews, highlighting significant movements or potential issues
• Analysing model monitoring to monitor the performance of the models and provide stakeholders with early warning signs of adverse risk trends and possible emerging risks
• Drafting model documentation and recommendation papers
• Managing own workload and prioritise accordingly
• Providing input into the scoping, design, development, validation and implementation of retail models
• Presenting output to key stakeholders both within and external to Group Credit Models
• Ensuring full compliance with all internal and external governance, legal and regulatory obligations
• Providing support and coaching to junior analysts within the team
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
• Experience in Banking and Risk Management
• Some experience of model development projects across a range of Retail or Non-Retail credit portfolios with an understanding of model usage
• Experience in the use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS) as well as MS Office
• Understanding of model monitoring reports
• Strong analytical skills with a passion for numbers or hold some technical experience
• Good communication, listening and writing skills. An ability to listen, understand and respond professionally
It’s a bonus if you have ….but not essential
• Experience in the use of Tableau.
• Understanding of model usage and credit strategies.
• A degree / qualification in a numerate discipline subject (e.g. maths, statistics, economics etc).
• Coaching/mentoring experience.
• Knowledge of the Basel Capital Requirements Regulation.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials you’ll need to bring section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
• 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
• Five extra paid well-being days per year
• 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• A digital-first colleague experience
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK
And the great news is, all these benefits are available to colleagues from day one!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at email@example.com.
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.