Business Unit: First Line Risk, Commercial
Location: Flexible within UK
Salary Range: Highly Competitive
Contract Type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
The Commercial teams have two priorities. First, we need to launch a range of digitally-based products reflecting our core customer proposition: our unique Virgin Money brand delivered through modern money experiences and our market-defining reward programme for our loyal customers. And second, we need to demonstrate to investors and stakeholders that we can grow our business.
The purpose of First Line Risk is to keep Commercial safe, supporting good customer outcomes, and sustainable delivery of our strategic objectives. In this role, you will drive effective risk management across Commercial’s continuous change agenda (regulatory, strategic and continuous agile change), leading horizontally to ensure non-credit risks (i.e. conduct, financial crime, operational, regulatory) are well understood, mitigation plans are proportionate and adequate, and Commercial’s non-credit risks are not compounded by, for example, the timing of multiple change agendas.
The core role of our Leaders is to deliver the very best performance through their people by keeping our Purpose, Strategic Aims and Values & Behaviours at the heart of all they do whilst developing their team with stretching goals to build capability and ambition.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Providing assurance to the Head of First Line Risk and Chief Commercial Officer that non-credit risk exposures are within Risk Appetite and that the risks related to each are managed in an effective and robust manner
- Supporting delivery of continuous agile change, and regulatory & strategic projects, in relation to Commercial non-credit risks
- Ensuring effective systems and controls are in place to identify, measure and control non-credit risks
- Understanding and advising on the evolution of non-credit risks within an increasingly digital landscape
- Influencing action and delivering insightful reporting to appropriate risk boards/committees in relation to Commercial change and non-credit risks
There are a few essentials you need to bring:
- Business degree or significant financial services experience
- In depth understanding of the practices, risks, and controls, across retail & business banking product design, manufacture, sales and servicing
- In depth understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape
- Excellent risk management credentials and a good understanding of Virgin Money’s Risk Management Framework
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
The following would be brilliant…but not essential:
- In depth understanding of the evolving external digital landscape in relation to banking
- In depth understanding of the competitive market Virgin Money operates within
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the “There are a few essentials you need to bring” section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
RED HOT Rewards
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- A digital-first colleague experience
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK
And the great news is, all these benefits are available to colleagues from day one!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at email@example.com.
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references