Business Unit: Digital Engineering, Change & Delivery
Salary: £28,400 – circa £38,000 depending on experience
We’ve made good progress on our transformation into a digital bank. From launching new digital propositions for customers to embedding our new colleague proposition - A Life More Virgin, together we’re creating something unique in UK banking. If we are to grow as a digital-first bank, we need to accelerate our digital agenda in a truly agile way so it’s a very exciting time to be joining us.
Here’s some of what A Life More Virgin means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35 hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
All these benefits are available to colleagues from their first day.
We’re growing our Data Management team within Digital Engineering and have an exciting opportunity for an Agile team member. Digital is an essential part of the organisation’s growth plans and strategy. Therefore, we're on the lookout for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to expand their skills in the data area and help us deliver solutions which support engaging customer experiences.
What do Digital Engineering do I hear you say – well we're responsible for delivering the digital capabilities that enable our customers to engage with their finances when and how they want to. We deliver across web and mobile channels across a range of technologies. Being digital and on the go has never been so important – we love what we do and it’s truly an exciting time to join the team!
Tell me more…
As a member of our team, we’re looking for someone who has a technical background and enjoys engaging and collaborating with team members and stakeholders. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
If you’re an IT professional, who wants to work on applications that put the customer at the heart of everything we do while collaborating and learning from the work of other Customer Tribe members, then this role is perfect for you! Typically, you will have experience of IT development, data analysis or testing, and have previously worked in an Agile environment.
Day to day you’ll:
- Assist on design and development of new features
- Collaborate on code with other Customer Tribe members
- Understand the value of data in application design and build
- Build, design, test and deliver high quality solutions in line with guidance and best practices of the team
- Own and manage your workload and the quality of the solutions you produce
- Adhere to the architectural principles prescribed by the tech lead
- Design and develop reusable libraries and code that is easy to maintain, understand and re-use
- Learn new technologies and augment your skills to keep abreast of new development practices
- Contribute to the overall evolution of best practice within Virgin Money
- Write and review clear and concise technical documentation to support your work
To be brilliant you’ll need to bring…
- Experience and expertise working within IT development in a team environment running Agile Methodologies
- Able to work either as part of a team, or autonomously dependant on the size of your project
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with your peers and stakeholders
- Interest, drive and proactivity to contribute to the Customer Tribe discussions on technology and process
- Practical experience in Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
To be amazing you would have…
- Experience of data management policies and standards
- Data modelling and associated technologies
- Integrating with Web Services and API’s ideally REST
- SQL skills & an understanding of ETL technologies (Data Stage, SAS etc.)
- Experience of Data Management Standards and Policies
- And finally, we’d love it if you’ve got experience working with GitHub source control and Jenkins Pipelines
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the "To be brilliant you’ll need to bring" section above, but the Amazing section is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Sound good? Apply now!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com.
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.