Business Unit: Customer Assist
Salary: £18,525 - £23,034 DOE
Location: Remote – work from anywhere within the UK
Contract Type: Permanent
Join Virgin Money as we transform our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo and turn traditional banking on its head. We’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward. We’re also transforming how we work, offering our colleagues more choice, control and flexibility to live and work how they choose with A Life More Virgin.
We believe brighter money should be simple and honest, but being a bank ran by humans means things can still go wrong. We celebrate our successes, but we also know life isn’t always perfect (if only!). Fancy joining a team who turn frowns upside down? Brilliant! We want to delightfully surprise our customers and we need some warm, patient and friendly people to come and join us on this mission. In our Customer Relations department we love making our customers feel happier.
Investigating complaints is our forte, so if a role where looking into a customer’s concerns in full and learning about all the different parts of a product sounds like your kind of thing then this will be perfect for you! Want variety? We’ve got it. We are a fast paced department where every day is different. You’ll get to liaise with colleagues around the business and you’ll have the autonomy to make your own decisions. Sometimes this could be as simple as sending a customer a heartfelt apology, other times you may need to really think outside of the box to make things right.
Here's what you’ll be doing
- Investigating complaints in order to ensure we come to the correct outcome for our customers when they feel something isn’t right.
- Responding to customers in writing about their complaint, making sure where even when we haven’t done something wrong, they still feel like we’ve taken their concerns to heart.
- You’ll be providing brilliant customer service when discussing complaints with customers either via telephone or in writing to make sure they have a first-class experience.
- You’ll be an advocate for the Virgin Money brand and will deal with a whole host of enquiries, which means that solving problems and finding solutions will be your ultimate goal.
- You’ll also need to be able take into consideration the nature and outcome of the each complaint to ensure it’s suitable for the individual situation.
To be brilliant you must have
- A keen eye for picking up where we can improve as a business, and a passion for putting things right for people where we’ve not lived up to our end of the bargain.
- A huge amount of passion for customer service.
- Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to listen, understand and respond professionally, both on the telephone and in writing – You’ll be writing letters to customers so you’ll need to have tip top spelling and grammar.
- Ability to adapt, and learn quickly.
You might have dealt with complaints before, you might not, you may have even had a few to make yourself! Knowledge of complaints processes isn’t an essential requirement but it helps if you do have good knowledge of them.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the essentials section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35 hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And, you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at email@example.com.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.