Business Unit: Risk, Regulatory Management
Salary: CIRCA up to £48,602 DOE
Join Virgin Money as we transform our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo and turn traditional banking on its head. We’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward. We’re also transforming how we work, offering our colleagues more choice, control and flexibility to live and work how they choose with A Life More Virgin.
Here’s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35-hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And you get these Red-Hot Rewards from day one!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regulatory Insights Manager to join our Regulatory Compliance & Risk Team. So, what does the team do? The purpose of this role to play a key part in supporting the Bank’s regulatory relationships. In response to the growing demands and expectations from VMUK’s principal regulators (PRA and FCA) and VMUK’s transition to a Tier 1 bank, this role will raise the level and availability of regulatory insights, and Regulatory Management’s ability to provide clear and insightful analysis of the regulators’ key areas of focus, and VMUK’s corresponding position and viewpoints.
This is a fast paced and multifaceted role, where you will gain first-hand experience and knowledge of our relationships with a variety of Regulators. If you have a thirst for knowledge, superb attention to detail, and a passion for Risk then this role would be perfect for you!
Day to day you’ll be:
• Supporting day-to-day contact with all Regulators.
• Developing insights from regulator interactions, working closely with the Regulatory Relationship Managers for the PRA and FCA.
• Assist the business with material regulatory requests, including arranging and supporting internal meetings, accurate minuting external regulatory meetings and capturing actions, collating individual responses to information requests, providing insight and challenge where appropriate, and ensuring proper governance.
• Producing papers and reports for various senior stakeholders and committees.
• Maintaining and tracking a database of key regulatory themes arising through bilateral and industry developments.
• Identifying emerging themes and horizon risks in relation to the PRA and FCA regulatory agenda.
• Overseeing the approach and execution of consultation responses, working with the first and second line relevant areas, as appropriate.
• Identifying and responding to requests for ad hoc briefings requiring opinion/thought pieces and supporting briefing calls for senior management, in conjunction with Regulatory Managers, Strategy and Corporate Affairs.
• Supporting Quality Assurance of specific deliverables required by the regulators, including information requests, where a level of second line review is required.
• Embracing VMUK’s Values and Behaviours ensuring all tasks are completed to recognised and expected standards.
• Living VMUK’s purpose – Making you Happier About Money.
To be brilliant you must have:
• Experience in providing challenge and guidance to senior stakeholders with a view to ensuring compliant and fair outcomes for customers are achieved.
• Experience in supporting in the provision of timely, accurate and insightful reporting to board and executive committees.
• A track record of successfully co-ordinating business responses, preparing briefing papers and minute taking.
• A natural flair in building strong relationships internally and externally.
• Experience in interpreting data, in addition to collation analysis, and the capacity to add value to the business through provoking insights and by identifying process improvement opportunities.
• Experience in representing to, interacting with (including conflict management and commercial negotiations) and building trusting relationships with key internal stakeholders and business partners.
• Advanced writing skills, with an understanding of writing with Purpose.
• An ability to deal confidentially and discretely with sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to manage and deal with competing priorities.
We’d love you to have:
• In-depth knowledge of VMUK’s Risk Management Framework and regulatory requirements
• An in depth understanding of the UK Regulatory environment and applicable Regulations.
• A working knowledge of the FCA Handbook, PRA Rulebook and other relevant regulation and regulatory developments (where appropriate) that influence VMUK's operating environment.
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the to be brilliant you must have section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at email@example.com.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references