Business Unit: Change & Delivery
Salary range: £38,400 - £48,000 per annum DOE
Grab onto your Virgin Money adventure
Virgin Money is all about disrupting the status quo, taking on the challenges of the future, and saying goodbye to boring banking. We’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators like you to help push us forward. We’re also transforming how we work to give our colleagues more choice, control and flexibility to live and work how they choose with A Life More Virgin.
Here’s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35-hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And you get these Red-Hot Rewards from day one!
We’re growing our Data Warehouse team within Digital Engineering and have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer. Digital is an essential part of the organisation’s growth plans and strategy. Therefore, we're on the lookout for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to expand their skills in the data area and help us deliver solutions which support engaging customer experiences.
What do Digital Engineering do I hear you say – well we're responsible for delivering the digital capabilities that enable our customers to engage with their finances when and how they want to. We deliver across web and mobile channels across a range of technologies. Being digital and on the go has never been so important – we love what we do and it’s truly an exciting time to join the team!
In a nutshell…
As a member of our team, we’re looking for someone who has a technical background and enjoys engaging and collaborating with team members and stakeholders. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
If you’re an IT professional, who wants to work on applications that put the customer at the heart of everything we do while collaborating and learning from the work of other Customer Tribe members, then this role is perfect for you! Typically, you will have experience of IT development, data analysis, development or testing environment.
Day to day you’ll…
- Assist on design and development of new features
- Developing and maintaining the heritage warehouses
- Understand the value of data in application design and build
- Build, design, test and deliver high quality solutions in line with guidance and best practices of the team
- Own and manage your workload and the quality of the solutions you produce
- Design and develop reusable libraries and code that is easy to maintain, understand and re-use
- Learn new technologies and augment your skills to keep abreast of new development practices
- Contribute to the overall evolution of best practice within Virgin Money
- Write and review clear and concise technical documentation to support your work
To be brilliant you’ll need to bring…
- Experience and expertise working within IT development in a team environment using SAS, SQL and other programming languages
- Be a key team player displaying outstanding behaviours acting as a role model for your colleagues
- Able to work either as part of a team, or autonomously dependant on the size of your project
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build business relationships with colleagues throughout the bank and externally with agency partners
- Able to deliver effectively in a highly dynamic, customer-focused organisation.
- Good relationship management capabilities.
- Collaborative team player.
- Highly driven, committed and results orientated.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and innovative
To be amazing you would have…
- Good understanding of internal and external data sources
- Experience in managing an operational data environment used by multiple stakeholders
- Data modelling and associated technologiesractical experience in Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Experience of Data Mappings
- An understanding of ETL technologies (Data Stage, SAS etc.)
- And finally, we’d love it if you’ve got experience working with Cloud Technologies (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the "To be brilliant you’ll need to bring" section above, but the Amazing section is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.