Business Unit: Group Risk
Salary range: up to circa £68,500 per annum depending on experience
Location: Remote - UK Flexible with some requirement to attend office/HUB/ Store
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time
Your life more Virgin starts here
Virgin Money is all about disrupting the status quo, taking on the challenges of the future, and saying goodbye to boring banking. We’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators like you to help push us forward. We’re also transforming how we work to give our colleagues more choice, control and flexibility to live and work how they choose with A Life More Virgin.
We’re on the lookout for a Credit Risk Manager – Engagement & Controls, and this could be the next opportunity you’re looking for! This exciting new role will report into the Head of Credit Risk Insight & Control but will also work closely to support the Chief Credit Officer.
Using great stakeholder management skills and you’re desire to collaborate, you’ll play a fundamental role in supporting the wider credit leadership team and function ensuring maintenance of the control framework, driving delivery of process improvements, and strategic initiatives across Credit Risk.
You’ll support the credit change agenda, workflow management, and prioritization. Using your stakeholder management skills and your desire to collaborate to deliver, you’ll work with stakeholders across risk, and other functions, acting as a point of contact for Credit Risk to facilitate connections with wider risk and bank initiatives.
Day to day you’ll:
- Create and lead, along with ongoing tracking and management, of Credit Risk priorities and plan, as well as driving actions for continuous improvement, efficiencies, and increased productivity. Acting in a hands-on capacity where required to achieve milestones, resolve issues, and help build a function capable of delivering Group Risk’s goals and objectives.
- Work with the Chief Credit Officer and Credit Leadership Team to lead strategic initiatives within the function. Support engagement with Technology, Investment Planning, etc. where their support is required to deliver the change.
- Be the initial contact point within Credit for change from other areas impacting credit, ensuring the correct colleagues in the Credit team are engaged.
- Develop and maintain structures, processes, and procedures to support the delivery of functional performance in line with key corporate objectives and governance and reporting cycles.
- Lead on the delivery of credit function communications, credit senior leadership meeting cadence and credit events.
- Managing and overseeing the risk profile of credit, including maintaining oversight of the Operational Risk Portal.
- Maintain the control framework across credit, ensuring compliance with and update to frameworks, supporting the Chief Credit Officer in functional control and risk assessments as required.
- Maintain the relationship with Internal Audit on matters affecting Credit Risk.
- Champion efficiency and integration of credit systems landscape supporting investment cases where required, coordinating, and supporting the wider Credit team. With engagement amongst the wider Risk team.
- Monitor initiatives to ensure adequate reporting and governance on behalf of Chief Credit Officer.
- Work closely with the central Risk Operations colleagues as and when to provide Credit wide coordination in resource, recruitment, and cost planning activities.
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
- Experience in Financial Services or banking with general credit risk knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workloads
- Project and change management experience
- Strong intellect and ability to communicate with senior managers
- Proven ability to build strong networks and relationships with internal and external parties
- Computer literate – PowerPoint / Excel / Office / Teams
We'd love you to have (but not essential)...
- Knowledge of project management planning/milestone tracking software
- Operational risk system and policies
- Event planning experience
- Creative thinking
- Resilience to remain energetic, positive/can do, with the drive and ambition to succeed
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the ‘There are a few essentials you need to bring’ section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at email@example.com.
Now the legal bit…
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.