Business Unit/Team: Group Digital & Innovation
Salary range: £31,2000 - £39,000 DOE + red-hot benefits
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Your next adventure starts here
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Platform Engineer in our Platform Management Team. This is an exciting role being part of a team who operate, maintain, monitor and protect the Banks Corporate Storage Infrastructure & Backup and Recovery solutions that are central to customer and colleague-facing services. The Platform Management Team provide expertise in supporting SAN Storage Technologies across the full IT estate. This includes working heavily on various DellEMC Storage Arrays including PowerMax, Isilon, Elastic Cloud Storage and Unity along with Brocade SAN switches and DellEMC Networker for backup & recovery along with managing backup data in the Cloud.
We understand that this role is quite specialist, but training will be supplied both internally and externally with our 3rd party suppliers. We will invest in your development by allowing you to attend DellEMC Professional Services training courses along with training on the job to get a deeper understanding of how the team support the banks infrastructure on a daily basis.
What you’ll be doing
• Configuration and presentation of corporate storage
• Capacity planning and performance monitoring of the corporate storage.
• Management and configuration of data replication facility to ensure cross-site data replication between datacentres
• Management and monitoring of the corporate backup schedule at Head Office and remote sites.
• Software upgrades and associated maintenance
• Develop good working relationships with peers in other areas of IT
• Collaborating with internal and external 3rd parties
We need you to have
• Understanding of SAN environments
• Understanding of corporate backup and recovery solutions
• Understanding of corporate storage hardware and software
• Understanding of the Project Management lifecycles
• Up to date knowledge of trends in the storage and backup industry
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to work effectively, as part of a team and independently
It’s a bonus if you have but not essential
• Ability to identify and escalate service issues within and out of hours
• Ability to help development of others
• Knowledge of Technology Processes
• Presentation Skills
Red Hot Rewards
• Generous holidays - 38.5 days annual leave (including bank holidays and prorated if part-time) plus the option to buy more
• Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
• 20 weeks paid, gender-neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• Market-leading pension and free private medical cover
• Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, wellness and health assessments, and critical illness
And there's no waiting around, you'll enjoy these benefits from day one.
Feeling insatiably curious about this role? Apply as soon as you can. If we’re lucky to receive a lot of interest, we may close the advert early and would hate you to miss out.
We're all about helping you Live a Life More Virgin, so happy to talk flexible working with you.
Say hello to Virgin Money
We’re making great strides towards achieving our ambition of becoming the UK’s best digital bank. As a full-service digital bank with a heritage stretching back over 180 years, we`re a workforce to be reckoned with. We're putting the full power of our experience behind disruptive ideas that reinvent the role a bank plays in people's lives. We strive to create positive experiences for our millions of customers and our purpose, ‘Making You Happier About Money’, underpins everything we do. We believe in doing banking differently, innovating and working together to make a real difference. Join us and Live a Life More Virgin that empowers you with choice and flexibility in how you work.
Be yourself at Virgin Money
Our purpose is to make people happier about money, this means seeing and feeling the world as our customers do by creating a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our customers and communities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where colleagues feel safe and inspired to contribute, speak up and be heard.
As a Disability Confident Leader, we're committed to removing any obstacles to inclusion. If you need any reasonable adjustments or support making your application, contact our Talent Acquisition team firstname.lastname@example.org
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it), but we'll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
If you're successful in securing a role with us, there are some checks you need to complete before starting. These include credit and criminal record checks and three years' worth of satisfactory references. If the role is part of the Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime, it requires enhanced pre-employment checks – we'll ask for six years of regulatory references, and once in the role, you'll be subject to periodic employment checks.