Business Unit: Chief Operating Office
Career Direction: Keeping Us Safe
Role Focus: Risk Peer Group: Management and Senior Specialists (B)
Salary range: £54,800 - £82,000 per annum
Location: UK Flexible/Remote
Your next adventure starts here
We want you to reach your full potential, and we’ll do anything we can to get you there. Developing our own makes great sense – and we know you can make an even bigger difference. Your perfect role awaits…
A fantastic opportunity exists to join our team to support the development and embedding of the group wide Operational Continuity in Resolution (OCIR) framework and the Operational Resilience Framework helping to ensure people, group assets and customer service are protected in the event of stress (short terms stress and resolution).
We are looking for someone who understands the importance of a robust end to end approach to OCIR, who is self-motivated and enthusiastic, who is ready to make a real difference to the team.
What you’ll be doing
• Supporting the Senior Manager Operational Resilience Strategy & Framework to mature the OCIR operating model, working with senior stakeholders in Resilience, Supplier Management, Technology and the central Recovery & Resolution team.
• Actively lead the planning and facilitation of OCIR testing to ensure we have a robust, documented, and tested approach to OCIR.
• Manage the production of content for OCIR plans, playbooks, including input to self-assessment and regulatory requests.
• Horizon scanning and identifying regulatory updates in relation to OCIR, maintaining contact with external bodies and participating in industry exercises to ensure that best practice is understood and implemented where appropriate in the Bank
• Working collaboratively with other teams across the Bank to integrate and align OCIR, Continuity and Resilience related activities.
• Supporting the delivery of Impact Tolerance scenario testing for Operational Resilience and embedding of Resilience by Design.
• Ensuring a continuous improvement mindset across the team, identifying opportunities to enhance processes which could add value to the team and wider COO, improve customer experience, efficiency and ensure regulatory compliance.
• Prioritising demands and deliver in a fast moving and challenging environment.
We need you to have
• In depth knowledge of Operational Continuity in Resolution regulatory requirements and the practical implementation of them, together with a broad understanding of related regulation ie, Resolvability Assessment Framework and the links with OCIR.
• Broad understanding of the Operational Resilience regulations.
• Experienced in supporting or leading scenario testing.
• Proven ability of building successful and collaborative relationships as you’ll work with a number of stakeholders across the business at all levels.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, with initiative and self-motivation, in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
It’s a bonus if you have but not essential
• Experience of managing and responding to regulatory requests.
• Experience of Service Now.
Red Hot Rewards
• Generous holidays - 38.5 days annual leave (including bank holidays and prorated if part-time) plus the option to buy more
• Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
• 20 weeks paid, gender-neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• Market-leading pension and free private medical cover
• Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, wellness and health assessments, and critical illness
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And there's no waiting around, you'll enjoy these benefits from day one.
Feeling insatiably curious about this role? Apply as soon as you can. If we’re lucky to receive a lot of interest, we may close the advert early and would hate you to miss out.
We're all about helping you Live a Life More Virgin, so happy to talk flexible working with you.
Say hello to Virgin Money
We’re making great strides towards achieving our ambition of becoming the UK’s best digital bank. As a full-service digital bank with a heritage stretching back over 180 years, we`re a workforce to be reckoned with. We're putting the full power of our experience behind disruptive ideas that reinvent the role a bank plays in people's lives. We strive to create positive experiences for our millions of customers and our purpose, ‘Making You Happier About Money’, underpins everything we do. We believe in doing banking differently, innovating and working together to make a real difference. Join us and Live a Life More Virgin that empowers you with choice and flexibility in how you work.
Be yourself at Virgin Money
Our purpose is to make people happier about money, this means seeing and feeling the world as our customers do by creating a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our customers and communities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where colleagues feel safe and inspired to contribute, speak up and be heard.
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it), but we'll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
If you're successful in securing a role with us, there are some checks you need to complete before starting. These include credit and criminal record checks and three years' worth of satisfactory references. If the role is part of the Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime, it requires enhanced pre-employment checks – we'll ask for six years of regulatory references, and once in the role, you'll be subject to periodic employment checks.