Job Title: Senior Quality Manager
Business Unit: Change & Delivery
Location: Glasgow/ Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: Starting from £50,500 - £70,000 per annum DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
With future Digital growth and Open Banking opportunities, data has a significant part in the future strategy of the Bank and enables - brilliant customer experiences based on quality data, monetising data to improve efficiency, growing market share and providing robust data privacy confidence for customers.
As Virgin Money executes the Data Strategy and continues to build on strategic data assets - we have a Senior Quality Manager opportunity to lead, coach and develop a team of Senior Quality Leads on Data Projects. As a Senior Qaulity Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining the end to end test process and following change through delivery to successful implementation.
We need a leader in Testing, someone who will connect across all aspects of the bank, is a great communicator, as you will be working closely with key stakeholders in order to ensure that the test approach and coverage reflects project risk appetite and budget.
Reporting to the Senior Manager in Data Solutions, you will be part of the Data Solutions Extended Leadership Team (ELT). You will manage processes and personnel to conduct quality assurance testing, typically within a software development organisation or department. The Senior Quality Manager develops effective and efficient methods, maintains documentation throughout the QA process, and communicates with development teams to provide a reliable, consistent, and positive end user experience.
Day to day you will be…
• Accountable for the end to end test execution of change in Data Solutions, including all test phases beyond the build phase to ensure production grade quality, as well as the responsibility for the testing roadmap in Data Solutions.
• Champion the adoption of industry good practice across the enterprise and provide Technical Leadership & Strategic direction to a diverse quality team.
• Accountable for the definition of the test strategy for programmes of work in collaboration with the Development teams to shift testing left and reduce our cost of change.
• Establishing robust processes and procedures, preparing documents that outline quality requirements.
• Managing the day-to-day activities of quality team members, including scheduling / managing ongoing projects, conducting employee training and evaluation. All while supporting the Senior Manager with agile transition activities.
• Accountable for effective Relationship Management to 3rd party testing managed services to ensure conformance to group standards. In addition, they will play a critical role in working with the 3rd party on transformational activities to enable productivity improvements
• Driving transformation improvements including the introduction of "shift left"/ early start testing
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the testing function and bring about improvements through insights gained via analysis at all stages of the SDLC/STLC
• Designing and developing the test automation framework, harnesses and code libraries to enable the team to both use and enhance them across successive projects
• Responsible for the identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements to testing and implementation standards and supporting processes
• Championing the adoption of industry good practice across the enterprise
• Accountable for the process’s and governance that is required to ensure Quality is at the forefront of delivery and MI is produced to support this.
• Responsible and accountable for the identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements to the VM testing standards, processes, supporting procedures, guidelines and templates.
• Accountable for defining & generating comprehensive testing MI to measure effectiveness and efficiency of the Testing team against industry benchmarks
To be brilliant you will bring…
• Previous experience in leading multiple teams through the testing of major portfolio’s or programs.
• The ability to understand complex change quickly, to assess testing requirements, to plan test execution and to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
• A genuine desire to support and develop others.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of working in agile and waterfall developments.
• Experience of full stack development and/or test automation and tooling.
• Superb stakeholder management & influencing skills across a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders and all levels within the Group.
• Great presentation, oral and written communication skills with an ability to convey complex technical concepts and issues to non-technical colleagues.
We would love it if you had…
• Expert level Quality Assurance and Test Management experience, ideally within an agile and a waterfall environment.
• Experience of building new teams and establishing new ways of working while retaining a focus on the core responsibilities and outcomes for the team.
• A real desire to get stuck in and help to develop and drive change in a team.
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.