Job Title: Supplier Relationship Manager
Business Unit: Change & Delivery
Salary: Starting from £48,000 - £63,000 per annum DOE
Location: UK, Flexible
Contract Type: Permanent
Change & Delivery is looking for a Supplier Relationship Manager to lead the creation and ongoing management of a new centralised function within the Portfolio Management Office. The role will initially be responsible for implementing a target supplier management operating model that drives consistent and efficient process maximising value across an active portfolio of c100 suppliers and MSA partners supporting programme delivery and BAU operating systems.
The new operating model will encompass supplier relationship management, associated support activities (e.g. purchase orders, invoicing, financial planning) and assure adherence with internal Third Party governance framework, policy and standards in addition to full adherence with external regulations.
From there, the role will lead the day to day management of the centralised team, reporting to the Head of PMO, overseeing all elements of supplier management including (but not limited to); introduction of new suppliers, changes to existing suppliers, exiting suppliers, governance monitoring, risk management, invoicing, financial planning and reporting. The role will collaborate with many key parties throughout the supplier lifecycle, ensure regular review of the commercial performance of key suppliers and lead / drive a continuous improvement agenda.
Key responsibilities include:
• Oversight and coordination of supplier management activities through the end to end lifecycle
• Financial planning and tracking of supplier costs ensuring baseline costs are managed and re-charge targets are met through tight control of MI
• Management, tracking and reporting of risks associated with supplier services
• Assurance of supplier metrics, controls and relevant Key Performance Indicators to support risk appetite and that these are actively managed through the appropriate governance forums in accordance with supplier framework and regulations
• Embedding Supplier Management best practice, principles, guidelines & criteria
This role requires a unique blend of technical skills and experience. To be successful you will bring:
• Proven working experience in Supplier Management
• Experience in leading teams and raising capability through strategic and focussed coaching and development activities
• An expansive mind-set with proven record dealing in corporate commercials and 3rd party relationships
• Collaboration and networking skills and ability to establish strong links with key business areas and develop relationships with new and existing partners
• Experience of the Financial Services sector
• Experience in working and communicating effectively with all levels of professionals up to Executive level
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to influence in a collaborative manner
• Attention to detail. Those little things really do matter.
• Self-motivator with good organisational and time management skills
There’s no question that this role offers big challenges – and demands the skills to match. But for experienced professionals with a detailed expertise and technical know-how, we also offer a wide range of rewards.
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at email@example.com or HRUKRecruitment@cybg.com
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.